Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

barclays ppi

(2 Posts)
CheshireDing Thu 07-Feb-13 18:58:10

I wouldn't bother then anymore waiting, write them one last letter stating that unless you receive a satisfactory response within 14 days of the date of the letter you will contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If they do not respond go to the FOS's website, you can fill the forms in on line and email them as well. They are pretty efficient at responding.

The problem is unless you have a response from Barclays saying "this is our final response". If you don't get it with your letter state how long you have been waiting and that is why you are asking the FOS to get in touch.

What they possibly mean is either they have their own department dealing with the PPI's (and by saying it is their own Ombudsman Dept they are trying to make you think that dept is impartial) OR they mean they have a team who deal with specifically Barclays claims at FOS's - The later would be fine and is possibly quite likely.

I would not worry from the FOS's they are independent and not influenced by Barclays etc.

exhausted7 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:52:26

been waiting 20 months for barclays bank credit card ppi.
barclays have their very own ombudsman department.
no one can talk to them, not even the financial ombudsman. is it me or doesnt this seem wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now