Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional insurance of anyone posting on Mumsnet and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I must tell you about my lucky shop

(22 Posts)
Overdecorated Mon 07-Jan-13 19:57:50

And presumably next time you are shortchanged or overcharged you won't be saying anything to redress the balance?

Jenny123G Mon 07-Jan-13 19:49:41

Spare a thought for the retailers who refunded you incorrectly. They may be going through disciplinary procedures right now. If id have made that mistake at my shop id find my p 45 in the post. :-(

wheredoistartmrs Mon 07-Jan-13 15:03:34

the tea bags were in the sainsbury shop

wheredoistartmrs Mon 07-Jan-13 15:01:14

they were all christmas presents ,they weren't for me

SuperChristmasScrimper Sat 05-Jan-13 12:03:48

'Try to scrape by' do you think we were all born yesterday? You are trying to scrape by but are buying £55 coats, designer tshirts and new trainers?.... Yeah ok.

And most normal people don't brag about how dishonest they are!

wheredoistartmrs Fri 04-Jan-13 21:48:04

I an keeping the money in the account because I'm sure they will realise their mistake and want it back. No I don't want congratulations, I was just saying that I seem to have been really lucky with money recently and wondered also if anyone else had any stories. And believe me I'm not well off just trying to scrape by like most people,the premium bonds are only a couple of hundred for emergencies so I'm not rolling in it.

ep1977 Fri 04-Jan-13 12:05:09

ppl are harsh on here! lucky u on the pound and the voucher. keep the money in your account just in case they want the £55 in the future. it is their mistake but i wouldnt brag about it ( id have kept it so quiet!!) i dont thinki im dishomnest at all as these are not peoples possessions,, eg a purse or a voucher that had a name on that i would hand in as it could be returned to owner.

SuperChristmasScrimper Thu 03-Jan-13 21:39:55

What a horrible thread shock

What do you want? Congratulations for being shockingly dishonest?

RoseWei Thu 03-Jan-13 18:58:37

For heaven's sake, do something about the credits that you aren't owed (such as the coat?). These things have a way of catching you out but, much more to the point, they are not honest (as you've implied). Never mind that the retailers have made mistakes - that happens but if you know what's going on, the onus is on your to do something about it.

You'll feel a hell of a lot better if you do.

wheredoistartmrs Thu 03-Jan-13 18:43:30

The coupon £6.10 was a brand match coupon.

wheredoistartmrs Thu 03-Jan-13 18:42:20

No they hadn' t dropped it just discarded it. Im not a money grabber who is out to con people. It's there mistake if they are going to be careless with the refunds.p.s I've just checked my premium bonds and won fifty pounds.

BodyOfEeyore Thu 03-Jan-13 12:56:06

I'd be pleased at the voucher and the pound.
Returning something and getting a refund is normal though, so I don't see the issue with the last item.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 03-Jan-13 12:53:34

Are there any TV programmes that expose regular people as being brazenly dishonest? I'd be looking for hidden cameras if I was you...

wheredoistartmrs Thu 03-Jan-13 12:48:05

they hadn't dropped it they had taken their receipt but not the coupon.?

jimswifein1964 Thu 03-Jan-13 11:41:14

I feel quite sorry for the person who dropped the £6.10 off a shop voucher ( must have been a credit note, as its a random amount?); I'd have been gutted if it was me that lost it sad

wheredoistartmrs Thu 03-Jan-13 08:35:54

no because that would be stealing, it's there mistake not mine

bamboostalks Wed 02-Jan-13 21:08:28

Perhaps you should runout and buy a lottery ticket?
Alternatively, you could open your mum's purse and find and take £20, that would be lucky too.

jimswifein1964 Wed 02-Jan-13 21:04:28

This has to be a wind up.

LegoAcupuncture Wed 02-Jan-13 21:02:21

*first

LegoAcupuncture Wed 02-Jan-13 21:02:02

I'd only count the fist one as lucky. The other ones, well, I'd be phoning up to check they've not made a mistake.

FiveFestiveFlowers Wed 02-Jan-13 20:52:55

I wouldn't consider some of those things lucky, they're dishonest.

If I were you, I'd come clean about the over-crediting and the coat and if you were told to keep the money - then that's lucky.

Otherwise karma might just bite you on the bum one day.

wheredoistartmrs Wed 02-Jan-13 19:55:36

I have had some amazing things happen money wise and cannot believe my luck even though a little bit dishonest.
Today at sainsburys I found a receipt for 6.10 off a shop and a pound coin on the floor so my luck£8 shop cost me 90p.I bought a coat for £55 and they sent me the coat and refunded me the£55! I bought a designer t shirt for xmas rang up to see how to return it and they told me to keep it and they refunded me it including postage and the last thing, I bought some trainers for £32and returned them and they credited me
£107 !!!!!! i have to tell someone as i am never lucky like this! anyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now