Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Inventory - does it have to be counter-signed?

(5 Posts)
TooMuchRain Sun 09-Dec-12 20:57:06

Thanks smile I got on really well with my last ll so I know that they're not all an evil breed.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 09-Dec-12 17:14:26

That must be horrible. I am very lucky with my ll, and the more I read about bad 'uns, the more I appreciate them! smile

TooMuchRain Sun 09-Dec-12 16:15:11

Thanks, that's very good to know, I don't trust the landlord at all so it's very reassuring.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 09-Dec-12 14:35:27

If there's no inventory, there's no inventory. Both parties would need to have signed to say that they agreed the condition of the property and any furniture etc at date of entry, so no, they can't just magic one up out of nowhere.

TooMuchRain Sun 09-Dec-12 09:03:44

This thread in AIBU has given me new hope for getting (some of) our deposit back from our shitty landlord. We signed our contract through an agent but they didn't give us an inventory and so I am just wondering - can they magically pull one out when we move or would it have to have been counter-signed by us to be valid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now