Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

CSA reduced maintenance for ExH company car

(8 Posts)
lovedlots Thu 22-Nov-12 22:49:02

I have been informed by the CSA my maintenance is being reduced as Exh has now claimed a reduction in earnings as he pays through a salary sacrifice scheme in his job for a car. The CSA have taken what he pays to lease the car off his earnings before calculating the maintenance. He states that as he uses it for more than 80% buisness. This is not the case. He goes to and from work in it as he is office based. The car is a top of the range executive type car. His choice to buy when he could have as easily purchased a standard type car. Can i do anything about this?

sausagesandwich34 Thu 22-Nov-12 22:50:53

nope, same as I couldn't do anything about my ex increasing the amount he pays into his pension so it would reduce his CSA payment

I would love to be able to afford to pay into a pension!

Collaborate Thu 22-Nov-12 23:24:56

You could apply for a variation based on deliberate deprivation of income. Contact the CSA to ask how to go about this. Usually I just write in, but there might be a form to fill in.

lovedlots Thu 22-Nov-12 23:37:03

Sausage - likewise he has already increased his pension contribution.
Thanks Collaborate i'll look into that one.

RedHelenB Fri 23-Nov-12 07:22:41

I think the basic answer is no, you do just have to suck it up & the CSA isn't there to police what company car he has!

prh47bridge Fri 23-Nov-12 12:03:33

No, the CSA isn't there to police what company car he has but they are there to police deliberate deprivation of income. He has used a salary sacrifice scheme to get a car. The CSA could regard that as deliberate deprivation of income.

RedHelenB Fri 23-Nov-12 14:02:29

I very much doubt they would though!

Collaborate Fri 23-Nov-12 15:33:01

I disagree. It's at least worth a punt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now