Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious legal concerns, we would suggest you consult a lawyer.

Family Law Awards 2012

(9 Posts)
babybarrister Thu 16-May-13 21:01:44

it is Hugh Logue the online publisher of Jordans .....hmm

Fuckwittery Thu 16-May-13 20:43:46

ooops zombie thread cheers hugh
2012 in the title might have given it away

Fuckwittery Thu 16-May-13 20:42:40

you are right, its all an in crowd. a friend who won last year told me virtually all of her ten referees were QCs from the sponsoring chambers - she canvassed all the right people.
i didn't go last year but the year before they showed videos of the judges panels at the awards. i don't think the judges can vote for nominees at the same chambers/firms
that said there have been a few non london winners

babybarrister Thu 16-May-13 20:37:52

and the MAIN awards are voted on by whom ? grin

Hugh1 Thu 16-May-13 18:09:01

To clarify:

- The awards are judged by the heads of the family law professional associations, editors of Jordan Publishing Family Law Reports and journals and lawyers at Jordan Publishing.

- There is no correlation between sponsoring an award and winning an award. The awards go to whoever is regarded the best that year regardless of whether they are a sponsor or not.

- Three of the awards are voted online by the family law community: Most Innovative Family Lawyer of the Year; Family Law Legal Executive of the Year; Family Law Commentator of the Year.

- The awards raise money for charity, this year the Family Law Awards are supporting 6 charities: The National Pro Bono Centre, Brace, British Red Cross, Cancer Research UK, The Prince's Trust and Wallace and Grommitt's Grand Appeal.

- The awards are designed to recognise the hard work and dedication that many divorce and family law practitioners put into helping their clients.

mumblechum1 Fri 01-Jun-12 09:20:13

tbh that's the sort of stuff I file in the round filing cabinet without opening it wink

babybarrister Fri 01-Jun-12 08:32:49

I think it is the panels ...[full of people from sponsors grin] - not sure I have ever been asked to vote - have you?!

mumblechum1 Thu 31-May-12 22:23:40

Who votes on the awards, BB?

babybarrister Wed 30-May-12 09:16:40

OK is it just me being cynical or is there a total correlation some relationship between sponsoring the awards and winning them grin

the sponsors this year are:
4 paper buildings, coram, 1 garden court and 14 grays inn square so watch this space ....smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now