Moving from 2 to 3

(3 Posts)
MummyPig24 Thu 11-Jul-13 17:12:51

I found out on Monday that we are expecting our 3rd, and very wanted, child.

I'm looking for advice on the practicalities of having a 3rd, I assume they just slot in (I hope!)

Our children will be 6 and 4 by the time baby is born. Is there anyone with a similar age gap? How did it work out for your family? How do you fit them all in the car?

NAR4 Sun 14-Jul-13 15:00:35

Congratulations.

My older 3 weren't the same age gap as yours (they were a bit closer in age), but we found that 3 car seats fit easily in a Citroen Picaso. It was a relatively cheap car but was very roomy, with a large boot. It saved us having to splash out on a people carrier.

I found I had to think carefully about outings to ensure none of them had the chance to run off, but that probably won't be such a problem with your older two.

Maryann1975 Sat 20-Jul-13 11:41:35

My third slotted right in to the routine of school runs, toddler groups etc. she is always a bit sad when she is by herself, she loves having her older siblings to occupy her (she is 2 now). I found things just kind of worked themselves out as we went along.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now