Mortgage

(6 Posts)
Nina20 Sun 04-Aug-13 13:36:15

Sorry, I have posted my question in the wrong place! Please ignore!

Nina20 Sun 04-Aug-13 13:04:13

Hi there,

I want to buy a holiday home in Wales and am wondering what are the best ways to raise the finance. To complicate things, ideally I woud like to buy the house at auction.

I have a fixed rate mortgage on my current home, which I will be able to pay off in four years time (when the fixed rate deal ends).

Can I take out a second mortgage? If so, can I go with any lender or does it have to be with my current lender? Are second mortgages charged at higher rates of interest?

Any wise words would be appreciated!

Winter123 Sat 03-Aug-13 23:48:34

You can get a independent financial adviser from unbiased.co.uk

If you had poor credit previously it is unlikely that you would be accepted by a mainstream lender (high street bank etc) you will need a decent deposit to avoid having a really high interest rate or being declined. Most likely you will need more than 10% as a deposit. Don't forget to factor n stamp duty land tax and legal fees.

Soundofraindrops84 Sat 03-Aug-13 20:31:55

Thank you for your answer. Tbh I haven't got a deposit saved as yet as I'm on maternity leave and we have been paying off debts but my credit file should be back to normal by this coming January (according to credit expert) will be able to save quite quickly once back to work though. Just don't know where to start.

NatashaBee Sat 03-Aug-13 20:23:21

I would go through a mortgage broker so you don't waste time, money and add more credit searches to your file applying to lenders who won't accept you. How bad is your credit, and what deposit do you have?

Soundofraindrops84 Sat 03-Aug-13 20:11:34

Where is the best place to get a mortgage if you have bad credit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now