Frozen embryo

(5 Posts)
IVFING Fri 11-Apr-14 19:56:56

Hi there

Not posted here before but thought someone might be able to help. I have a frozen embryo waiting for me. What's the process and timescale for transfer please? Ie what drugs do I take and for his long? Which day of cycle do you start that?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Many thanks in advance.

MrsLel Sat 12-Apr-14 03:39:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 12-Apr-14 04:03:32

Have you been on the gin MrsLel?

Anyway OP as we both know freezing embryos is as common in IVF as pissing on trees is for dogs.

I think you can do a FET either medicated or not. Some NHS trusts will cover the cost depending on your circumstances and I think it's 1500 quid ish where I am. Best thing to do is speak to your clinic and seek their advice. My clinic don't like unmedicated cycles but I know that's not the case everywhere.

Good Luck.

FadBook Sat 12-Apr-14 04:19:49

Whilst I love MN, I'd recommend having a look on www.fertilityfriends.co.uk their talk board is fantastic. There are threads for certain clinics, diagnosis, the process etc

Your treatment will depend upon your reason for infertility (if you have one)

I had a medicated cycle. I was on a high estrogen dose to thicken my womb and progesterone pellets for 3 weeks before transfer. They thaw embryos and transfer date will depend on how old the embryo was when frozen and how viable it looks.

Jellytots85 Sun 20-Apr-14 15:43:38

Hi ladies
I have had 2 failed my last cycle I got 3 to freeze, I am considering using 2 on my 3rd attempt and not injecting as I'm not sure I can go through the hole process again but not sure if I am lowering my chances by doing this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now