Lease help starting IUI and confused by drugs

(5 Posts)
PaulaFletch14 Wed 02-Apr-14 17:45:53

My story naturally conceived last year and miscarried in December at 8 weeks. I'm 39 I've had my FSG blood results 11.4 and prolactin which I was told also in normal range 276. We decided to try IUI to try and get pregnant quicker. My DP sperm good too. But got my protocol through the post and I've got to have menopur, pregnyl and utrogestan. I'm concerned if both me and DH are ok why am I being prescribed drugs when as the nurse said IUI can be done without. It am I being fleeced by fertility clinic. Anyone been through this that can help??

bessie84 Wed 02-Apr-14 19:11:14

better chances of success with drugs ive read.... the success rates are same as trying to concieve naturally without drugs, but with drugs, their better apparently.

(we starting iui in a few month, reading as much as i can)

good luck.... x

PaulaFletch14 Thu 03-Apr-14 08:33:08

Thanks bessie84 I'm apprehensive about it

bessie84 Thu 03-Apr-14 11:55:24

be worth it for better chances of bfp x

suzylee73 Thu 03-Apr-14 19:39:43

Try not to worry too much. I was on the long protocol and luckily had no serious side effects. I felt a little tired towards the end and had a strange urge to eat lots of chocolate smile
It was a little overwhelming when the huge box of drugs was delivered to my door but you soon get in the swing of it and your giving yourself the best chance of success possible. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now