Day 21 test

(5 Posts)
75draw Fri 22-Nov-13 07:48:03

Thank you erilou.... And good luck to you... Whatever path you're on xx

erilou38 Thu 21-Nov-13 18:33:37

If your day 21 test doesn't need to be repeated then you ovulated 100%. I know this because recently I had a day 21 test, I hadn't ovulated, so the test was repeated on day 28 which showed I had ovulated. Don't worry, I never notice any EWCM anymore. I don't think you produce as much as you get older. The clinic may also test your Day 3 FSH levels to check that you still have good ovarian reserve (how many eggs left in your ovaries). I'm sure all will be well. Good luck! x

75draw Thu 21-Nov-13 16:06:25

Thank you... What a lovely response

Xx

moggle Thu 21-Nov-13 15:57:34

Probably means things are fine. The day21 test is to test if you've ovulated, usually they'd retest if levels are low to check they didn't mistime it - if they did it too early levels may not have been up to peak yet. So having it done a little late shouldn't be a problem as I think levels stay high until your period starts. I don't think you need to worry about this- I'm sure you are worrying about other things too so tick this one off the list!

75draw Thu 21-Nov-13 14:16:35

Hello

I would appreciate some thoughts to get me through the next couple of weeks.

My partner and I (both 38) are paying to have a full fertility MOT.

Last week I had a couple of blood tests including the Day 21 Progesterone test. I then had an unusually early period (normally 27 days... This cycle was 25). So I got my period three days after the test.

Just received a message from the clinic to say they have my results and they don't need to re-test.

Anyone know whether this is likely to mean things are hopeless, or things are ok? We see the consultant in two weeks after I have a Hycosy next week.

Background info.... I have been pregnant before. I don't seem to notice EWMC anymore... But I don't really monitor it. I do have a brownish 'bleed' about 3 days before my actual period. My periods aren't overly painful.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now