Bourn Hall Cambridge

(8 Posts)
Livelonglovemuch Fri 28-Feb-14 13:55:45

Yes monkfish I have found the same and I have addressed my concerns over several concerns but they are not bothered and they have treated me worse since informing them of how I feel. This I feel is due to the fact I was about to have my eggs out when the issues started happening. Well it went from bad to worse and tomorrow I am due to have my eggs put back in me unless they sabotage them. I felt quiet alone and my husband was also distressed over the list of issues we are having and he said they just don't care we are just a nhs number to them.
My friend also was unhappy at the clinic as well as the lady in bed next to me on Monday, however I did not get to see her face or talk to her but she was not happy at all with no information being given to her on eggs removed and she also did not get a pain killer up the bum as I didn't. I had to ask after surgery.
I feel the centre this round has not set me up with the right tools to try to get pregnant.
My first round at this centre was fine but these last two awful and bad service/stressful experience.
Please also be aware when a clinic says we have had no complaints before (as they did) it's a lie and I urge you to go to nhs if your funded as well as Bourn and hfea as I feel a concern over patients like my friend who didn't want to speak out. Nhs are currently assisting and I'm very happy that I contacted them. Wish me luck for transfer tomorrow with the clinic from hell. In addition I'm having to continue as I was told I would loose the go by the clinic and as we all know you have to wait 6months to re start so my husband said just go through motions and by the end the nhs might have sorted it all out.
Conveyor belt defo hence mess ups
Once nurses recognise you they feel on your 2nd etc goes you should be like an Ivf doctor and understand all procedures and their jargon
The list goes on

Monkfish79 Wed 27-Nov-13 10:24:36

I had two fresh cycles at Bourn Hall and a load of frozen cycles. Had some negative experiences and felt like I was on a conveyor belt, if that makes any sense. Changed to Oxford (with satellite care at new Cambridge unit for monitoring appointments) and couldn't have been happier with the change. I felt the care I got was more personal and my experiences with egg collection and embryo transfer there were a million times better. Also got pregnant! Dd is 14 weeks old now! I'm not saying Bourn is bad, but I didn't really understand their "excellent reputation". My consultant at Addenbrookes said he'd recommend Oxford over Bourn Hall. Bourn Hall may of course have pulled their socks up in the last year or two. And I have spoken to others who were totally happy with it, but that wasn't my experience.

Figaro82 Tue 12-Nov-13 21:44:30

Might see you at one of their group nhs meetings then hedgehog! Good luck to you too, it's not that long to wait now! X

hedgehog1975 Tue 12-Nov-13 09:29:19

We have to in January too - if I'm not pregnant by the end of Jan we'll get referred at our appointment then. My accupuncturist says Oxford has a very good reputation but Bourn is only about 30 miles away so less stressful all round. Good luck! x

Figaro82 Mon 11-Nov-13 22:46:26

Only just seen these ladies! Thank you for the recommendation marshmallow! Hedgehog, yes NHS funded and had the same choices as you! Bourn Hall makes sense for us too plus it has a great reputation! I just want to make our decision now which we don't do till January!

hedgehog1975 Fri 08-Nov-13 20:43:42

We are thinking about Bourn too so that's good to hear. Are you NHS Figaro? We are and we have a choice of Bourn Hall, Hammersmith, another London clinic, Oxford and Leicester (don't know why - it's miles away!). Bourn is best travel-wise so it's good to hear positive things about it!

marshmallowqueen Fri 08-Nov-13 12:59:41

Hello,

I am just undergoing my 2nd NHS funded IVF cycle at Bourn Hall. Can only say that the care I have received has been brilliant. The staff are all friendly and have a very positive outlook. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending them.

Figaro82 Sun 03-Nov-13 20:35:48

We are in the process of deciding which clinic to use under NHS treatment and Bourn Hall seems to be our best option. Has anyone used them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now