reflexology

(4 Posts)
Bluepenny Sun 25-Nov-12 21:02:13

Well, after unexplained infertility, (numerous ops, Chlomid and 1 round of IVF back in 1988), I'd given up hope of ever having any children. I didn't have PCOS though, but it looks like I only ovulated sporadically from one side.

However, not for TTC reasons, but just for relaxation, I started having reflexology once a week in 1999. OMG, it stimulates lots of things and really does seem to be connected to all parts of the body! She told me what foods I had trouble with, where I'd got problems etc, so I altered my diet. I felt wonderfully relaxed after each session and got told not to drink tea or coffee for the rest of that evening (used to go 8/9pm).

4 months in, she looks up at me and says "I think you're pregnant, I can feel it in your feet". No, I say, I can't be and tell her the infertility story. She is sticking to what she can feel! I wait for my period, it doesn't arrive. I put it down to the stress of work. Knowing I've got another reflexology session, I decide to take a test. It was positive and my DS is now 12.

In conclusion, I was convinced Reflexology did something to the reproduction regions for me - even just going for the relaxation of it, you will feel things when she touches parts of your feet. Have a google for the Reflexology foot chart to see where is linked to what, I found it fascinating.

Good luck to those TTC - I spent a few years going through treatments and then we gave up. To have it happen naturally without trying 12 years after was a miracle.

Charlotte321 Mon 19-Nov-12 22:10:26

Hi, I would post this on conception if I were you, just as there may be people can help there? I'm starting reflexology soon so am curious too! Cx

imamummyandananny Sun 18-Nov-12 14:14:25

gah meant to say clomid not cloud!

imamummyandananny Sun 18-Nov-12 14:13:33

Has anyone with Pcos had a successful pregnancy following a course of reflexology?

i'm thinking of trying it but have no experience of it at all and don't know what to expect.

my DD was born 7 yrs ago after 1 cycle if cloud, but this time round 8 cycles have failed and after 6 yrs if trying, i'm feeling time is running out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now