The hut of gl/doom: ttc with the emphasis on trying!

(976 Posts)
delilahbelle Thu 06-Sep-12 13:34:03

A supportive and slightly fluffy thread for those dealing with the issues of ttc longterm, whether with assisted fertility or not.

pinkapples Fri 15-Mar-13 21:29:54

Flixy don't panic it may take a few more days when's your hsg? I took provera to induce every billed while we were in treatment and sometime I'd come on the day after sometime it'd be 3-5 days other times I'd be waiting a week they say on average between 2-7 days so please don't worry x

Flixy102 Sat 16-Mar-13 08:31:14

Thanks pink, it turned up overnight! Was hoping that I could have had my HSG at the end of next week as my DH is off and could have come with me, but looks like it'll be the week after now.

wishfull31 Sun 17-Mar-13 16:21:14

hi guys, how are you all? mands congratulations!!!......and delilahbelle im so sorry to hear what uve been thru hope ur ok. sorry not been here for a few months, been trying to forget about ttc for a while hoping it may help but still no bfp sad Consultant has put me on clomid 50mg for 6 months, not sure why as im ovulating on my own. Im now 7dpo and feeling pregnancy syptoms like before when i was pregnant, although from reading up about clomid side effects they seem to be similuar to preg symptoms? has any one else experienced this? im staying positive and gonna test on weds or thurs really hoping smile. xx

pinkapples Sun 17-Mar-13 19:10:19

Hi wishfull I had 7 rounds of clomid in the beginning and yes, it is quite hard to distinguish the symptoms although I never got pregnant with clomid so mine were side effects all the time x good luck x

wishfull31 Sun 17-Mar-13 21:00:58

Thanks pinkapples a lot of ppl have said the same, guess its just a case of waiting and seeing, feel so funny today, really sore bb's, lower back pain and mild cramps and not forgetting constantly weeing and extreme tiredness! Its so frustrating! We have decided to try it for 6 months and then possibly go for treatment.. How's things with you now pinkapples? .xx

pinkapples Mon 18-Mar-13 07:09:57

All good so far grin 28 weeks preg tomorrow gringrin but we did go through the mill with clomid and surgery and ovulation induction and one failed IVF

wishfull31 Mon 18-Mar-13 08:14:06

Aw congratulations smile Is this an ivf pregnancy then? I'd love to have ivf as I've been told my chances are high, unfortuantley the cost is way too much!!

pinkapples Mon 18-Mar-13 16:21:13

Yea my second IVF (1st one failed miserably) but 1st with ICSI so were really excited

wishfull31 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:55:10

Ah good to have some positive news! Hope all works out well for u! Hopefully my turn soon smile

Flixy102 Tue 19-Mar-13 10:34:39

HSG this Monday coming. Argh!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 19-Mar-13 10:57:21

Flix don't worry. It's not too bad. When I had mine the staff were lovely. The word I would use is smarts, especially if you have a narrow cervix like I did!

Flixy102 Tue 19-Mar-13 19:36:49

Thanks faith, I can take a smarting pain. I think! DH is insisting he comes with me incase I'm not feeling up to driving home. He is sweet sometimes! Any practical tips for before/after?

delilahbelle Tue 19-Mar-13 19:41:06

Hey flixy
A couple of tips - take 2xparacetamol and 2xibuprofen an 1/2 hour or so before hand as it can be a bit crampy/achey.
Also take your own sanitary towels as you might leak/spot a little after, and the ones you are given are huge.
Good luck!

wishfull31 Thu 21-Mar-13 13:27:56

couldnt wait till tomorrow to test and did today... BFN!! sad guessing the pg
symptoms were clomid related??!! af hasnt turned up but im feeling its on its way right on schedule for tomorrow!!

Me n dh has been looking into egg sharing to reduce our ivf costs as were too young for nhs and cannot afford ivf costs, recieved a phone call today from hospital to say my blood tests are back and they want to see me tomorrow to see what my egg count is and if i qualify for it........NERVOUS!!!

Were are just hoping it could be an option for us, we can help some one else out and really were getting help too. smile

I no ittts going to be a long road and quite stressfull but guess were just have to wait and seee tomorrow!! never no af my not turn up lol!!........sure it will thou!! sad

anyway hope everyone is ok will update when i no more!! smile

pinkapples Thu 21-Mar-13 14:36:31

Awww wishfull how many days po are you?

I'm sure you'll be fine it is hard sometimes but it is well worth it and it seems like things are moving along for you.

wishfull31 Thu 21-Mar-13 16:49:45

And af makes an appearance!!!!! sad I could cry right now! Really thought it could be this month! I'm a day early thou! Oh well gotta keep going I guess! Why is it so hard to have what some people find so simple to have!!! sad

delilahbelle Thu 21-Mar-13 17:08:08

wishful it really is hard and unfair. But I have faith it will happen for us all.
We are having to use an egg donor - when I am recovered from the cornual ectopic I had we have 2 embryos frozen to try. I am so grateful and thankful to our donor. If you go down that route it really will potentially change someone's life for the better.

Go have some wine and chocolate, and good luck tomorrow.

As for me - it's hard to believe that it's nearly a month since surgery. I'm not fully recovered, but I'm off all painkillers and nearly fully mobile - just not lifting anything heavy or able to stay on my feet too long. Me and DH even <whispers> DTD again, and all seems to be working fine. I still feel emotional pangs at my lost pregnancy, but I'm focusing on the fact we will try again in the autumn with a single FET. Until then I am concentrating on enjoying life, and am currently writing a job application out for a new position more local to me.

wishfull31 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:53:54

Delilah I am so sorry to hear your news... flowers ignore my post the other day i didnt no what had happened! life is so bloody cruel i hope your ok! Like you said we have to have faith and im sure we will all get there one day smile positive thoughts!

Yeah id love to give some one a chance of a baby as we all no what its like to go through the pain of wanting!! and im hoping if i can that i will finally get my chance of ivf smile

yes im gonna have a relaxing weekend with a few wine and lots of junk food and the twilight box set with my best friend as she is child free this week end smile

Hope everyone's ok and looking forward to it being fridy tomorrow smile

wishfull31 Fri 22-Mar-13 14:46:07

Well amh results came back all good! I'm ok to go ahead with egg sharing smile consultant wants me to try one more cycle of clomid and see what happens, he was a little concerned about my womb lining not being thick enough so suggested injections? Not sure what this is all about, he didn't explain to well. But he wants me to wait till end of april and see what this month brings.

Gonna really try and forget it all this month and relax poor dh must feel like ttc is a military operation! Going to try and not make a deal out of it this month!!..and most imnportantly not to stress!

pinkapples Fri 22-Mar-13 20:33:29

I went onto injections after my 7 rounds of clomid basically you have a period then inject daily until you ovulate it's not that bad once you learn how to inject grin

delilahbelle Fri 22-Mar-13 22:42:53

Grr, thought I was getting better, did a bit too much walking today and now I'm spotting again sad I just want to stop bleeding, it's been start stop since the op - 2-3days with, a day without, a day with, 2 days without, 4 days with... God knows what my useless hormones are up to.
I have a doctors appointment but not until the Wednesday after Easter, mainly to review some blood test results as I had my iron levels taken today, but if this bleeding hasn't stopped I'll have to see what else can be done.

Well done wishful on your amh, and fingers crossed April is the month for you!

Flixy102 Sat 23-Mar-13 17:40:38

Thanks for the HSG tips ladies, will let you know how I get on.

Is everyone having a nice weekend? The weathers been terrible here so I've been stuck in the house mainly.

Sorry to hear your still not 100% Delilah, take it easy.

wishfull31 Sun 24-Mar-13 11:31:09

So confused right now.... Af lasted 2 days and was only brown spotting? Has anyone else experienced that on clomid? I have not done a test as I feel normal and don't feel preg just weird I never have brown spotting, just can't bring myself to do one lol!

Really hoping its not af and implantation but I'm sure its not lol!!

The stress we go through lol!

Hope everyone is ok and having a nice weekend x

pinkapples Sun 24-Mar-13 12:14:24

Awww wishfull sorry your feeling rubbish how many days past ovulation would you be now?

I'm having a duvet day with hubby and dogs well chilled today hope everyone's having a nice weekend?

delilahbelle Sun 24-Mar-13 12:19:26

Hey wishful Clomid can cause lining issues (making it very thin) so a much lighter than expected AF on it can be normal. If you are ovulating without it I would probably try and avoid taking it, as although you might end up producing more eggs without a nice thick lining there could be problems with implantation. Talk to your consultant if you are worried though.

As for me - the bleeding has developed in to red blood and a proper AF. I am cautiously happy about this, I'm obviously getting back to normal, and hopefully it will wash out all the brown gunge I've been spotting all month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now