The hut of gl/doom: ttc with the emphasis on trying!

(976 Posts)
delilahbelle Thu 06-Sep-12 13:34:03

A supportive and slightly fluffy thread for those dealing with the issues of ttc longterm, whether with assisted fertility or not.

delilahbelle Wed 06-Mar-13 12:35:37

I've had a telephone consultation with my IVF doctor. We can try again with a FET once I've recovered, he said to give it 6 months. So I have 25th August in my diary as when 6 months are up and when we look into trying again.

In the mean time, I need to make sure I get 100% fit and healthy and rebuild my iron/folate stores. Me and DH are going to do some nice things together, holidays, days out, meals out and really take advantage of being DINKS. And We are going to finish the redecoration of some of the house and get a few DIY things sorted.

Right now I just wish I had more stamina, even standing up to quickly makes my head spin and I have no energy. I'm healing up very neatly aside from that though, and all bleeding has stopped (touch wood)

dusty glad to hear you have some good news and enjoy your time off

flixy hows things with you?

pink any pregnancy news?

pumpkin sorry to hear about your loss too, ttc is very hard at times.

pinkapples Wed 06-Mar-13 12:59:52

Wow Delilah all exciting stuff and nice that you have something to work to sounds like you'll be busy in the meantime grin

I'm alright 26 weeks now absolutely knackered been sick the last week but better today

My dog walker has gone to crafts so I'm home for lunch the next 3 days which is nice

delilahbelle Thu 07-Mar-13 13:25:57

DH has only just gone and got a new job! More money, a smaller commute (he has been living away in the week, no need anymore) and a step up as well. I am so pleased and proud of him.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 07-Mar-13 15:36:21

Congratulations delilah, that's great news smile Glad to hear your consultation was positive too. I think you've got a wise plan to look after yourself physically and emotionally til the summer rolls round.

Flixy102 Thu 07-Mar-13 16:58:54

Yay Delilahs DH! A bit of good news is always welcome.

Just about to pop my first provera tablet to induce a lovely withdrawal bleed prior to my HSG. Ah, the joys.

pinkapples Thu 07-Mar-13 21:11:18

Wow more good stuff to look forward to Delilah especially spending the extra pennies grin

Awww flixy I took provera to induce all my bleeds before all my attempts good that your taking it in the evening as I found it made me feel quite sick and headachey but if you take it at night then you sleep through most of the effects everyone's different tho

Flixy102 Thu 07-Mar-13 22:58:25

I've to take it three times a day pink, first whole day tomorrow, not looking forward to the side effects!!!

Dusty27 Sun 10-Mar-13 12:50:58

That's great news Delilah, I'm sure it'll be a great help having him home more whilst you're building up your strength. More pennies is always good too!

Flixy, hope the side effects aren't too bad, but again another step for you moving forward.

Pink are you still feeling better?

I've got a pelvic ultrasound tomorrow. The GP didn't mention the dildo cam but from the letter I've had through that could be part of it. What should I be expecting? I'm a bit nervous, I'm not the most confident stripping down for these things & lately I've been having a lot of, tmi, discharge. Hoping I'm not a total meff when I'm in there!

Flixy102 Sun 10-Mar-13 13:19:13

Hey dusty, today is the first day I've had any side effects from the tablets, feeling sick with heartburn hmm

I wouldn't worry about the pelvic ultrasound, I found it just like having a smear. I was asked to strip off from the waist down and given a blanket to cover my bottom half. Then the doc asked me to put my knees up and inserted the scanner probe. It was totally painless and not uncomfortable at all. I was also having a dischargy type day but to be honest I forgot about it when I was lying on the bed and doctors have seen it all and worse!

All the best for tomorrow and let us know how u get on!

pinkapples Sun 10-Mar-13 15:36:11

Awww dusty like flixy says its actually not that bad I dreaded my first (especially as I wasn't expecting it doc said we need to do a scan and led me to the toilet where he said its an internal so your bladder needs to be empty blush) then you just somehow get used to it and by the end I was doing like 1 every two weeks or so it was just second nature a women at work said she didn't know how I did it but I guess when you have to grin its just from the waist down and like flixy said you get something to cover you up its bit like you just bear all

I'm right a bit sick lots of heartburn may have to go back to bland foods see if I can curb it but apart from that all good x hope everyone's had a lovely weekend

Dusty27 Mon 11-Mar-13 00:29:43

Oh no pink & flixy you both have heartburn. nasty, hope it passes.

Thanks as well, feel reassured. I know the Drs are well used to it but I'm quite a prude! But the lucky guy or gal should feel privileged I'm gonna shave my legs etc for them!

delilahbelle Mon 11-Mar-13 00:36:45

Mother's day has been hard. Today is when I had planned on telling my mum, and instead I'm sore, bloated, feel like I have hideously scarred my body, and I have nothing to show for it. No pregnancy, no baby, no hope of either. We get to try again in 6 months, but given it took us 7 years to get here I don't feel too hopeful.
I hate my life. Crying in the middle of the night is not how today was supposed to be.

Dusty27 Mon 11-Mar-13 20:15:26

I know I haven't been through anything like you Delilah, but please don't give up hope. The 6 months will fly by. Try and focus on the positive things in your life & building yourself up physically & mentally. We all have these shitty days. Don't bottle it up, vent however you need to - crying, posting on here xxx

Flixy102 Mon 11-Mar-13 21:01:31

I second dusty, Delilah. Nothing I will say can make it any better, and really words could never sum up what I can only imagine you are feeling at the moment. But the hut is here when u need to get away from crappy real life. Continue to be very good to yourself.

How did your scan go today dusty?

I've had to block my SIL from FB today sad as she is posting some insensitive stuff regarding TTC and IVF. Sigh.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 11-Mar-13 21:27:20

Delilah sorry it was such a tough day. I have come to realise (since losing my Mum and having TTC woes) that while these days celebrate what some people have, it only goes to highlight what some people have lost. It's ok to feel how you feel. I agree - its ok to cry, rant, whatever you need to do. It's such early days for you. Some days you'll feel optimistic about the future and a family. Sometimes you won't. That's ok. But just remember your consultant wouldn't be suggesting 6 months' time if he didn't think there was hope.

Sorry to hear about your SIL flix. What a nightmare!

Hope the fanny cam was ok dusty.

pinkapples Tue 12-Mar-13 07:15:56

So sorry to hear your feeling low Delilah sadbrew?

Up bright and early for my GTT this morning woohoo hungry but not allowed to eat so not impressed thought I'd stay in bed until absolutely necessary then I wouldn't be so bad grin

infamousmrsjones Tue 12-Mar-13 12:04:48

Hello everyone, long time no speak! Just wanted to pop by and see how everyone is doing and I am thrilled to read so much positive news! I appreciate that not all the news has been nice to read and I am truly sorry to those who are still TTC. On reflection, going back and reading all the news from the last few months, it is amazing to read how many of the women from this thread have gone on to get a BFP and by the looks of it some have probably had their babies by now, so please try to remain positive and strong, hopefully you will get there soon.

My partner and I were TTC for around 4 and a half years before we went ahead with IVF. Although it was a very difficult time for everyone involved, extremely physically and emotionally draining, it has been worth every second as we eventually got our BFP too. We were lucky to fall pregnant with our first ICSI attempt. Now we are expecting our first child in June. I am almost 28 weeks and still have to pinch myself that we really are going to become parents. I don’t think I will truly rest until I meet my baby in the flesh, it is so difficult to relax and enjoy the pregnancy when you have struggled to get there so much. I am also hoping that Summer is OK as I didn’t see any recent posts from her.

Finally I would just like to thank the lovely ladies who were a great support to me during the difficult times, I really couldn’t have got through it without you. Good luck and best wishes to you all in the future! I am thinking of you all and will continue to think positive thoughts for each and every one of you grin xxx

pinkapples Tue 12-Mar-13 15:33:44

awww infamous that's lovely it been ages grin I'm preggers to 27weeks today also due in June! Hop your keeping alright I know what you mean about not being able to relax had my GTT this morning bleugh!

Flixy102 Tue 12-Mar-13 15:52:57

I'll admit I had to google GTT pink!! How did it go?

pinkapples Tue 12-Mar-13 17:46:13

Was gross as they ask you to fast from midnight so no breakfast then horrible blood test followed by even worse glucose drink confused then home to do nothing for 2 hours including no food (after being made to feel like you want to throw up almost immediately) then back for another blood test where she bruised me hmm so all in all a great morning and am now dead on my feet

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 12-Mar-13 21:02:50

Didn't they give you lucozade pink? My stomach was very gurgly after it! I took a film to watch on the iPad to pass the time. Bum was numb though! Hope the results are ok.

pinkapples Tue 12-Mar-13 21:29:31

Nope I wish! It was flat not fizzy and like a yellow colour was gross like sucking 20 sugar cubes but worse! I got to drive home tho and watch a programme with my dogs which was nice beat sitting in the midwife office grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 12-Mar-13 21:32:34

Oh I had to go (and stay at the hospital!).

Dusty27 Tue 12-Mar-13 23:42:33

Good idea blocking her Flixy, you don't need negativity on top of everything else.

Your right Faith, it's not an easy day for many. My DH lost his mum 6yrs ago & finds it one of the worst days of the year.

My ultrasound went well, didn't have to have the fanny cam. Final report will be ready Fri but they said all looked well :-) saga getting there, my conf letter for the appt said my Drs, but it was actually at another surgery. Nearly ran out of petrol on the way, & nearly wet meself with the full bladder an all! Then when I got here one of my parents best mates was the assistant for the sonographer. She was lovely & very graciously excused herself which was sensitive of her.

Flixy102 Fri 15-Mar-13 08:59:09

Glad the scan went well dusty, fingers crossed for good results today.

Wonder if anyone can figure this out, I was taking provera for 5 days and took the last one on Tuesday. Tuesday and Wednesday nights I had really bad period pains, but no period. Now it's 3 days after my last tablet and the cramps have gone and absolutely no sign of a period. I'm worried now that they haven't worked and it's going to delay the HSG.

Aaagggghhhhh!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now