The hut of gl/doom: ttc with the emphasis on trying!

(976 Posts)
delilahbelle Thu 06-Sep-12 13:34:03

A supportive and slightly fluffy thread for those dealing with the issues of ttc longterm, whether with assisted fertility or not.

Devilforasideboard Thu 24-Jan-13 20:47:48

I have everything crossed that it would be physically possible to cross for you delilah x

Pink, next scan end of Feb. I'm jealous of you having another scan, I'm trying to resist the urge to buy myself a doppler so I can hear Bobble until I start feeling proper movements (getting little nudges but could still be wind grin).

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 24-Jan-13 21:13:37

Oh delilah, fingers crossed and praying for a successful transfer and sticky baby/babies! Don't feel guilty about time off work!

devil it just gradually gets more distinctive. Lately I've been getting such hard kicks I say oof! Last night DH put his head to my belly and Pickle kicked him in the ear! smile

Welcome to Mummy. Definitely sounds like you fit in in the hut. We TTC'd for over 2 1/2 years and that was tough enough confused. I can't imagine how frustrating 'unexplained' infertility is.

pinkapples Thu 24-Jan-13 21:36:42

Devil I resisted the urge for a Doppler I'm a worrier so think it would have made it worse especially with anterior placenta midwife said bound to be muffled and difficult to hear and didn't promise anything at my 16 week apt although she did find it (was amazing grin) no feelings tho yet and am 20+2 but it i my first and with anterior placenta midwife says thata normal to not feel anything till possible 25 weeks confused am feeling rather chilled after yesterday and more relaxed now only 4 more weeks to go then if it is born at least it has a good chance (awful to say but it feels like the next milestone) am having a gender reassurance scan tho can't not see baby for another 20 weeks that's mad! So thinking about 28/30 weeks for the next scan then ill just wait till she comes

Everything crossed for you devil good luck tomorrow x x x xgringrin

delilahbelle Fri 25-Jan-13 12:00:23

Hi everyone grin
Thanks thanks so much for the supportive messages, they mean so much. I am back in the hotel room now on my phone. 8 eggs collected, 5 fertilised, 4 embryos all of excellent quality. I have two 4 cell on board now, two more have been frozen.
So now for a doze for an hour, my Zita West relaxation CD, and then we are heading out to a local park to enjoy the sun and have a picnic lunch.
2 weeks until testing, it's going to go very slowly.
Proper update and personal messages tomorrow when I'm back home x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 25-Jan-13 21:14:02

Sending sticky vibes your way Delilah! Glad to hear so far so good. Enjoy your weekend.

waitingtobeamummy Fri 25-Jan-13 22:58:55

Hi all, glad to see so many positive things going on in the group. Fingers crossed delilah and so wonderful we have so many people with bubbas on board.
Sorry haven't been round much recently. I haven't been well and we aren't dealing with things very well. Took my last dose of clomid til I go bk to clinic in march. Feeling the strain of everything at the mo. Don't want to post and get people down but I am here keeping updated x x x

pinkapples Sat 26-Jan-13 09:15:10

Awww waiting sorry to hear your feeling down have you got anything nice planned for the weekend?

Hi to everyone

delilahbelle Sat 26-Jan-13 18:36:25

waiting don't worry about anything, the hut is here if you need it. Just look after yourself, and hopefully your clinic visit will be more positive.

devil faith pink I am so so hoping that I can join you in pregnancy chat soon. Maybe there needs to be a hut graduates thread somewhere...

mummy I was unexplained, but then gradually got lots of little reasons that nothing was happening. Hopefully something will start to make sense for you soon.

I am currently relaxing on the sofa, might have a shower in a bit before World Without End later. Spain was lovely and sunny, and even fairly warm yesterday afternoon, so being back in the cold grey UK is not particularly pleasant. DH is making up the fire though, so it could be worse. I think the next two weeks are going to go very slowly for me though, hopefully I wont get too mental. Big question now - do I get signed off for a week, or just go in on Monday? I don't feel ill/like I need to rest, but I don't want to risk anything. Any opinions?

pinkapples Sat 26-Jan-13 18:56:33

I did take the 2 weeks off Delilah but don't let that sway you I'm sure it doesn't matter either way and plenty of women don't and just go about their daily business hehe

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 21:26:53

I think it depends on your mind frame rather than physical perspective delilah. As long as you don't have a physically intensive job (?), it should be ok. I think if it were me, I'd go in simply to try to keep my mind off things.

Well I've been inspired by delilah to do a graduate thread. Thought it might be nice/helpful but perhaps not very fast moving?!

ChairOfTheBored Mon 28-Jan-13 10:48:30

Hope it all goes well delilah and that the next two weeks fly by.

I have my HSG this week, which I'm sure will be a treat -am planning small treats for afterwards, to help with the 'This too shall pass' thinking while I'm actually having it!

Great to hear some positive news in the hut - always makes for a grin

delilahbelle Mon 28-Jan-13 11:09:47

Hi all
I'm in work, decided the distraction would be good for me. Luckily I have fairly nice classes, so I'm taking it fairly easy.
No real symptoms yet, sore boobs and maybe some minor cramping. Also a sicky feeling, but I'm fairly sure that's nerves from the stress of the 2ww!
Trying not to wish too much of my life away.

pinkapples Wed 30-Jan-13 06:31:55

Hope you doing ok Delilah grin

delilahbelle Wed 30-Jan-13 09:20:24

Stress and mentalling in full blast over here pink
OTD is the 8th, which is the equivalent of 16dpo. I'm going to POAS on the 6th, next Wednesday. So I am halfway through the 2WW.
I am actually terrified of testing though as I am going to be so gutted if it is negative. At least I am PUPO at the moment and have some hope.

pinkapples Wed 30-Jan-13 13:52:23

Awes Delilah so excited for you I tested at 8dpo and was convinced it was a negative as it was so faint so would recommend waiting until maybe 9 or 10 dpo just in case but that depends if you can hehe

delilahbelle Wed 30-Jan-13 13:57:45

Hey pink, I'm 7dpo today. Knowing me I'll test at the weekend, 10/11dpo, but I'm going to try not to.
Ugh, the 2WW sucks.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 30-Jan-13 17:07:59

<squeezes delilah's hand>

Totally sucks, especially when so much seems to hang on it. Sending sticky vibes your way.

pinkapples Wed 30-Jan-13 18:00:08

More sticky vibes here grin

delilahbelle Fri 01-Feb-13 08:05:07

I spent rather a lot online on preg tests yesterday. Hopefully the first batch should arrived tomorrow. I want to hold off POAS until Monday (10dp2dt) at the earliest, so DH is going to hide them from me.
Today's symptoms, boobs still sore, crampy feelings, hotness. But nothing that couldn't be down to the pessaries.

Going slightly mental.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 01-Feb-13 09:13:36

Totally understandable delilah. I did 11 tests before I believed I was diffed! Not long to wait now. Someone on the BESH thread (where I hang out) has just got a BFP from IVF so fingers crossed you're next!

pinkapples Fri 01-Feb-13 12:52:15

Babies wallpaper came yesterday so can now do the mural wall got a decorator friend doing it for Free if hubby helps him so can't go far wrong there and that will save some pennies grin woohoo

I was the same Delilah did two or three tests everyday as no af is always a good sign and it was likely to see the lines darken grin fingers and toes still firmly crossed for you

All alone this weekend hubby is working both days and my parents are in Manchester visiting family so a trip to the inlaws on Saturday I think then aqua natal and a serious chill day on Sunday grin

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 08:25:38

Sounds like a great weekend pink nice and relaxing.

Thanks for the finger crossing faith

Today I am feeling negative. Partly convinced its not worked, as I have no real symptoms yet. I've not tested yet though. Maybe tomorrow, although on my chemical cycles I got my BFPs today.
DH is making me breakfast in bed though, and then I have a relaxing day of doing nothing much planned. This time next week I will def know one way or the other c

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Feb-13 08:38:45

Bless you delilah it's simply too soon to tell. I had no idea I was pregnant at that point. It wasn't until I was sick at 14dpo that I suddenly thought Hmm, what if I am?!. In retrospect, I'd felt very tired (put down to work/PMS, quite emotional (put down to PMS!). It ain't over yet!

Your day sounds lovely. I'm visiting in-law family in Devon. It's al a bit surreal because I've not met them before (DH had distanced himself from this side of the family) but they have been very welcoming which is good! Plus it's a lovey sunny day smile

pinkapples Sat 02-Feb-13 10:23:49

I'll second that faith it's sunny woohoo

Going to the zoo on Tuesday with the children from work so hopefully it lasts grin

Don't panic Delilah it's not over till its over and its still early days sounds lovely breakfast in bed hehe try not to worry but I know how hard it is

delilahbelle Sat 02-Feb-13 13:23:34

Just tested. I only went and got a BFP. Fucking hell, can't believe it, pray it's a sticky one.

grin grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now