The hut of gl/doom: ttc with the emphasis on trying!

(976 Posts)
delilahbelle Thu 06-Sep-12 13:34:03

A supportive and slightly fluffy thread for those dealing with the issues of ttc longterm, whether with assisted fertility or not.

waitingtobeamummy Thu 29-Nov-12 20:55:38

Ha ha delilah, make sure you haven't got any tampons with you when you go out in your white skirt and it'll definatly happen :-) seriously though I really hope it sorts itself out.
I've had a good day today but had to wade in and stop a yr 11 fight, dh was not impressed and said "when you're pregnant you'll have to think before you charge in!" smile

Devilforasideboard Fri 30-Nov-12 10:02:50

New white pants is the key delilah smile

Well done Waiting! Are you enjoying the tww?

Mands I'm sorry it's all a bit rubbish, huge squeeze to you.

Hello everybody else <waves>

I'm still lurking! Bobble is very good and whenever I'm worried makes me throw up just to remind me he/she is still there! To be fair that's not very often. Scan next Thursday and if everything's ok we'll be telling a few more people which might make it feel a bit more real. We went into Mamas and Papas at the weekend and I actually got quite emotional at 'legitimately' being in a baby shop for the first time blush

waitingtobeamummy Fri 30-Nov-12 10:53:55

Devil that must be so brilliant to be able to do that. So chuffed for you. Is it your 7wk or 12 wk scan? If I ever get pregnant we've agreed to only telling ky best friend my mom and dad and my dh mom until the 12wks scan (and all of you lot too!) But I don't know if my dh will actually be able to keep his mouth shut that long. :-)
I reckon I ovulated on Monday which makes me 4dpo? But I'm not gping to test til 12th Dec. I had heavy feeling last night like going to starr period but feeling v sick today so thinking it might be sickness bug sad

Devilforasideboard Fri 30-Nov-12 11:25:16

In between - it'll be the 9 week one smile We've only told parents and one of my friends (plus bosses at both our works to explain time off for scans etc).

I said I wasn't going to test early too - cracked at 7 days after transfer grin

pinkapples Fri 30-Nov-12 15:25:23

Hehe devil grin I know I haven't gone into a baby shop yet but might this weekend as its the first one hubby isn't working you'll be really surprised at the change at 9 weeks mine looked like a proper baby gringrin with little leg and arm nubs grin let us know how it goes...

Bet the wait is killing you but it'll be worth it if it works grin

waitingtobeamummy Fri 30-Nov-12 15:57:02

Very happily jealous of the two of you going into baby shops. smile before it all started I used to go in planning what nice things I would buy but haven't for ages.
Sickness hasn't got worse so I'm hoping It's just cos I haven't eaten much (dont want dodgy sickness at my friends house!)

Mands81 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:25:19

Feel better soon waiting smile
Hope everyone else is well, have a great weekend x

waitingtobeamummy Sun 02-Dec-12 10:26:24

Just been reading conception board making myself feel so thoroughly depressed (i know, I don't know why I did it either) first month ttc and pregnant, using fertility friend as contraception (??) And I'm pregnant! Got myself very upset and thoroughly depressed. sad had lovely wknd with friend but now got stinking cold, dh at work and getting af type pains from last night in onwards.
Can you tell the glass is half empty today? grin hope everyone is having a good weekend.

flixy102 Sun 02-Dec-12 21:38:53

Aww waiting, hope the glass fills up full for you soon, lol.

My DH went out last night with a friend and met up with another-both have young children and there was a lot of baby talk all evening. DH said he felt very left out and jealous sad. It's hard enough trying to deal with my disappointment without his as well!

pinkapples Tue 04-Dec-12 06:28:26

Hope everyone feeling a bit better this morning?
I'm up bright and early for work and most certainly not impressed as I could sleep all day right now grin

delilahbelle Tue 04-Dec-12 20:00:12

I have paid the 10% deposit needed to get my drugs for the DE IVF cycle.
I've also now had the last of the blood tests I'll need for a while (updated HIV/HepB etc)

So now to await the arrival of my drugs, and hopefully start taking them at the start of my next AF between Xmas and NY. And at least in Jan when I'm not drinking I can blame it on being healthy after the festive season.

Exciting times!

pinkapples Wed 05-Dec-12 07:40:05

Woohoo exciting grin good luck anyone done all their Christmas shopping I'm so excited grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 18:53:45

I have one gift voucher to buy then I'm done pinks, including wrapping grin! Delighted to be sorted.

Oh delilah I really hope this is the one that gets you your baby!

waiting I hope you're feeling a bit better and had a fun weekend.

I'm 20 weeks now! Got my scan next Tuesday. Bit nervous about finding anything wrong (in a 'so far it almost seems too good to be true') but excited to know what flavour we're having!

pinkapples Wed 05-Dec-12 19:35:30

Woohoo faith! Let us know won't you grin any names yet?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 19:50:04

The plan is to get them to write it down so we can open it Christmas Day! grin A few short list names but we're not great at agreeing! Like Rory for a boy...ummmm. Had to do a list on MN baby names bit cos we keep forgetting but I'm leaning towards Faith for a girl smile

pinkapples Wed 05-Dec-12 20:45:50

Awww that'll be lovely and definitely a deserved name you need faith in this game

waitingtobeamummy Wed 05-Dec-12 20:56:13

Hi all, I'm half way through the 2week wait but feeling like period on its way as achey boobs and back ache so don't think I'll last. Got a letter today. For a hysterosalpingogram. (think that's how It's spelled) thought I was going to be having a lap and dye. I know It's stupid with all the internals I've had but it says you have to be in the frog position and be awake and there is just no way I can do it. I'm crying I feel so miserable.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 21:00:19

What worries you about the HSG waiting? Honestly, I've had it, it's not that bad. You're covered over. It smarts a bit as they out the dye in but it's over within 10 minutes.

Griffomais Wed 05-Dec-12 21:06:11

Hi Waiting - I hope you don't mind my comment - I had the same test last month it basically does the same as a lap and dye but is much less intrusive. Please don't cry - granted its not the most glamourous pose you'll ever be in but the majority of it is like a smear test they will tell you exactly what they are doing and there will be a nurse there beside you. I found it a bit sore when the dye went in - they inflate a little balloon then inject the dye so when they announce this just brace yourself slightly and breath really deeply. It is very much like cramping and general period pain. I took some painkillers before I went and again afterwards. I was like you really upset about going but I did it and I am the biggest scardie cat in the world. I hope this helps you a bit - best of luck and if you need anymore information please ask.xx

waitingtobeamummy Wed 05-Dec-12 21:50:45

Thanks both, I know I sound stupid with it. My dh and my bestfriend havevtried to talk me round. I think mostly It's the way I would have to lie. It says in a "frog" position? Which I think is on my back and my legs up high? It's the thought of being awake and people seeing that I'm awake while they are doing things. It's not the pain but the humiliation (and that's what I view it as) I have issues, and I think this has set them off. Dh says to get an appt to talk to my fertility nurse. I know I'm building it out of proportion. Thanks for being so supportive. I really appreciate it. X

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 05-Dec-12 21:58:01

I think I adopted a similar position to when I had my smears. Legs were open but flat. I was really nervous but the staff were so nice. They know what women have been through to reach the point of needing a HSG. They talked me through each bit, one even held my hand as the radiologist inserted the dye! In fact I did a shift with the nurse who checked me in a couple of weeks ago. She was so lovely I remembered her! Imagine the scenario - I said 'Ooh I remember you, you were there for my HSG a year ago! Guess what, I'm now pregnant!' grin Remember they are professionals and do it every day!

I also took painkillers and Kalms before I went in which helped.

snowqueenrollo Wed 05-Dec-12 23:30:36

waiting it's the same position as for a smear and you are covered with a blanket once they've got the equipment in, so you are not exposed for longer than is absolutely necessary. In the room with me was the radiologist who administered the dye and a nurse who stood behind the screen where the computer was to take instruction from the radiologist about getting 'screen shots'. The screen showing the 'live action' was facing us as the radiologist was watching that as she put the dye in to see what was happening.
I took a couple of ibru half an hour before I went in, and was a little crampy that afternoon but it really wasn't so bad at all.
I actually found the HSG less embarrasing and uncomfortable than the dildo-cam.
Do talk to your fertility nurse about your anxieties surrounding this though, I'm sure they will be able to put you at ease.

waitingtobeamummy Thu 06-Dec-12 12:39:03

Thanks all for your help. I have calmed down since last night. Think the two week wait is getting to me! I'm going to phone my nurse at the beginning of next wk and explain my worries. I thought you lay in a very different way (i thought you had to hold your knees ) so I do feel a lot better about it after all of your explanations. As I said before, I do have issues and I think they have developed into me being quite irrational. I'm going to give it the weekend, not think about it again until Wednesday. Thank you all again x

Devilforasideboard Thu 06-Dec-12 14:20:29

Definitely worth speaking to the nurse Waiting. Does your clinic have a counselling service? Might be worth speaking to them if so.

I'm just popping in to say I had my 9 week scan today and bobble, after lying in an awkward position for most of the scan, is measuring spot on and waving wee arms and legs around grin

pinkapples Thu 06-Dec-12 14:46:31

Congrats devil! Does it look more like a baby?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now