SA

(92 Posts)
Happilymarried155 Mon 03-Sep-12 21:49:02

Hi,
Dh just had sa results, everything us really good apart from morphology which is 1%, do we have anychance of concieving naturally?

Happilymarried155 Sat 09-Mar-13 17:02:26

That's great news!

Yes had mine done in October, mine to came back clear so was debt away for another 6 months as he couldn't see any reason why we couldn't concieve naturally. I now have one more cycle before we start iui. What's your next step?

twinklestar2 Sat 09-Mar-13 18:18:26

Hub has too give up drinking for 3 months to see if that makes a difference to his sperm. If no then IVF.

Happilymarried155 Sun 10-Mar-13 19:26:50

Oh yes I think I remember you saying that. How come you go straight to Ivf and don't do iui first?

We are cutting drastically down on the alcohol too and are due back at the clinic at the end of April to start iui.

twinklestar2 Sun 10-Mar-13 20:41:22

I don't know if they mean iui but said IVF in case they thought I didn't know what iui was?

twinklestar2 Wed 15-May-13 00:21:25

Happily, what's the latest with you? Oh has his SA after 3 months of not drinking on Friday and we're going back to the fertility clinic next weds.

Happilymarried155 Wed 15-May-13 06:50:49

Hi twinkle,
We are due to start iui on our next cycle (depending when it starts as it has to be on a Friday-Sunday)
I'm feeling hopefully, consultant says we have a good chance of it working so I'm clinging on to that hope! We currently have a house full of injections and medication!
Let me know the results of the SA. What's your next steps after this? smile

twinklestar2 Wed 15-May-13 09:52:42

Not sure what our next steps are, will let you know after our appt next week.

GOOD LUCK lovely, I really hope it works for you first time. Keep me posted xxx

Happilymarried155 Wed 15-May-13 15:25:47

Let me know how you get on! I hope his non drinking has done the trick!

I know I hope it does too, I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it's kind of hard when you have a plan of action and feel like your one step closer. I have three attempts though so fingers crossed.
Good luck for next Friday! X

twinklestar2 Wed 22-May-13 23:21:43

How are you getting on happily? The SA showed things had improved but only slightly so we've been advised to go for IVF. Feeling very sad about it all but getting more to grips with it.

Happilymarried155 Thu 23-May-13 18:02:11

Really sorry to hear that sad when will you start IVF? Is it just the morphology that's the problem or count as well?

All ok here, was due to start iui at the start of June but my period is going to come on a Monday which means I can't start it until the following month. I was abit annoyed but as it happens we have a lot going on in June and it would be nice to start it in a quiet month so I can focus in it properly!

twinklestar2 Thu 23-May-13 23:29:10

It's not the count, the docs described the sperm as sluggish. They actually didnt say anything about the morph this time, they did more vigorous tests to see how the sperm perform.

Oh has been taking vits, eating organic food, exercising and not drinking or smoking and there wasn't a significant change. So best option is to go for IVF.

twinklestar2 Thu 23-May-13 23:29:41

Good luck for July, that's when I start too.

twinklestar2 Sun 07-Jul-13 15:09:03

Just wondering how you're getting on?

Happilymarried155 Sun 07-Jul-13 18:49:04

Hi, was meant to start my first iui a couple of days ago but the hospital messed up so having to wait another month sad really annoying! How about u?

twinklestar2 Sun 07-Jul-13 22:43:49

Oh no! Sorry to hear that.

twinklestar2 Mon 29-Jul-13 20:21:43

Happily - my first ivf failed sad

How are you getting on.

Happilymarried155 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:17:01

Oh twinkle sad I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say as I know nothing will make you feel better right now. Just sending you lots of love and hugs.

Nothing has changed here, hospital messed up last month so couldn't start iui with that cycle. So my first cycle actually starts tommorow. Will keep you posted. What's your next step-how many funded if attempts do you get?

twinklestar2 Mon 29-Jul-13 22:25:17

Thx happily. It's very shocking and upsetting but I have to keep going. Get one more go with my frozen embryo, just waiting to speak to the docs about it.

Good luck with your iui and keep me posted.

Did your OHs results improve? We're looking at going healthier but FFS I don't know what more we can do without life being totally boring and all about babies.

Happilymarried155 Tue 30-Jul-13 07:41:05

His results are not not to bad morph gone up to 4% but mobility and count are very good.
That's exactly the way I've thought lately, I've tried everything and I honestly don't think that having a couple of glasses of wine a week or eating organic pulses is going to make that much difference! I've come to realise this is something that I don't have control over (much to my absolute announce!) and I just need to accept whatever is coming, try not to let it get my down and believe that one day it WILL be my turn!

Thanks twinkle I will keep you posted, let me know how you get on at your next doctors appointment. X

twinklestar2 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:09:02

It so sad isn't it to think that some people get pregnant by having sex in an alleyway and we're doing all this.

Happilymarried155 Tue 30-Jul-13 12:38:34

Yep! But I try not to think about it or it would make me really mad! When do you see your consultant next? X

twinklestar2 Tue 30-Jul-13 12:58:51

In a few weeks. Going to continue being healthy and no alco apart from maybe a few when I'm on hols next weekend.

Did your oh take any supplements to get his results to improve?

Happilymarried155 Tue 30-Jul-13 15:37:20

He has been taking the wellman conception vitamins and then pcynegol (I can't remember the exact spelling but the pine bark stuff. He hasn't altered his lifestyle though, in fact his best SA results came after a few stag do's and a wedding so lots of alcohol had been consumed! X

twinklestar2 Tue 30-Jul-13 16:44:46

Thx I will get the pycegenol again for him I think!

Happilymarried155 Tue 30-Jul-13 18:24:06

Worth a try, think dh was taking two 60mg tablets per day x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now