clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

PinkRosette Sun 12-May-13 20:08:43

Hi all. We've been ttc for about 3 years. My gynae put me on Metformin about 1.5 years ago with the intention of doing a HSG and then starting Clomid. I have PCOS and have been struggling with weight for years. I had the HSG and showed possibly a problem with my right tube but not confirmed. I was just about to start taking Clomid when we decided to move house, jobs etc so put everything on hold but continued to take the metformin as gynae said Clomid has better success if have been taking Metformin for a while.
Anyway took first Clomid in January on days 2-6. I know from temperature charting that I have long cycles when I do actually ovulate - even longer when I don't. When I do ovulate, it normally between days 20-25 and this was the same on the Clomid cycle. I confirmed ovulation on day 25 from temperature charting and then got a + test on day 39 shock. Couldnt believe it. My gynae told me to arrange an early scan at 6 weeks but miscarried at 5+4 weeks.
Gynae told me to skip next cycle and then start taking Clomid again so waiting patiently for that. On day 39 now but don't think I ovulated so could be anytime. (Took a test today but - just to be sure)

Anyway good luck to everyone trying to get pregnant on Clomid - it does work - its a miracle drug & my fingers crossed it'll work for me again soon! wink.

dprecious Sun 12-May-13 20:44:21

welcom pinkrossie, happy it worked for you the first time. Hopefully it will again. This is also my first cycle on clomid but it didn't work as i got af today cd 32. Any way i'm going to try again this cycle . Fingers crossed for every one of us ttc. Hopefully it will work this cycle.

SarahJ23 Tue 14-May-13 12:22:29

So I'm on my last day of 50mg after m/c 6 weeks ago so fingers crossed, I started ovulating on my own after 6 months of clomid and that's when I fell so I thought if I'm doing it on my own and I take clomid as well it could only help my chances of conniving again, glad to see some good story's up, I haven't been on for a wile after the m/c but I hope everyone is ok smile x

ShamelessInTheCountry Tue 14-May-13 13:15:25

Hi Sarah, I followed your story when I started reading this whole thread about a month ago, I was devastated for you when you miscarried. Hope youre feeling more positive, and that's fantastic that you're now ovulating so here's to you getting pregnant again soon and it sticking, I've just finished my first cycle of clomid so waiting to see what happens!
Xx

SarahJ23 Tue 14-May-13 15:24:40

Thanks and good luck to u fingers crossed it worked first time for u smile x

KW87 Tue 14-May-13 22:19:42

hi ladies i had a dip in my temp today so i am hoping to ovulate. fingers crossed.

ShamelessInTheCountry Fri 17-May-13 11:24:25

So I had a day 12 scan today, first month on 50mg of clomid, and there was a 20mm follicle there, hopefully about to pop an egg! So we'll see what happens... Annoyingly after being told I'd be having 3 progesterone tests on my first month of clomid the nurse told me today no that won't be necessary as we know you ovulate, so I won't know if the clomid has boosted my hormones and these results. Annoying. Happy weekend ladies xx

Littlemissworrier Fri 17-May-13 17:49:09

Sarah so pleased you're back - got everything crossed for you.

KW that's positive too - exciting! And shameless great news too!!

Hope this month brings everyone lots of baby luck xxxxxxx

SarahJ23 Fri 17-May-13 20:25:47

Does anyone else have hot flushes when taking clomid? I had a few the first 6 months on them but after my brake from them the hot flushes have got more, luckily they stop a few days after the last tablet x

ShamelessInTheCountry Sat 18-May-13 15:04:10

I've just finished first month on 50mg and didn't have any adverse side effects except for bad spots round my chin and jawline which I never get - but I took it at night before bed as I'd heard that lessens the side effects...so maybe that'll help unless you're doing that already... X

KW87 Sun 19-May-13 00:35:55

hi ladies finaly got positive ovulation test, my hubby and i are in vegas...hoping for vegas baby!

wow great to know you got spots on ur jaw line i thought i was hitting puberty again. i had tons of hot flashes and really sensitive nipples while ovulating... anyone else have that?

SarahJ23 Sun 19-May-13 13:44:13

I've had all three and feeling sick after I take the tablet if I haven't eaten, good luck smile

ShamelessInTheCountry Sun 19-May-13 21:41:36

I'm so jealous you're in Vegas, I love that place, good work on the positive pee test, I had one yest so we've been at it all wknd, kind of bored of it now haha. Didnt have anymore ovulation side effects than normal, except I've had achey pain where my right ovary is for the last couple of days which i dont normally get, only weird thing is I'm sure on my scan she said the 20mm follicle was in my left ovary so I'd don't get that really... Now starts the bloody ten day wait for me sad

Littlemissworrier Mon 20-May-13 11:54:05

Fingers crossed for you on those positive pee tests smile

I was throwing up and felt so so tried so something urged me to do a test, which was early as period wasn't due for another 5 days and it was my first round of clomid but I got my BFP!!! 5 days early when I got it, couldn't believe it!

Agree shameless the wait is the worst part hmm

My scan on Thursday, 3 more sleeps, so nervous x

birdie80 Mon 20-May-13 12:27:11

Hi everyone, I've been meaning to post here for a while as we've just started Clomid this cycle, so it would be good to chat to others in the same boat.

Wow, Littlemissworrier - that's amazing news, it's making me very hopeful that there seem to be so many BFPs on here after Clomid!

I am on day 11 and had my first round of clomid from days 2-6. No side effects whatsoever so far, although I've had 2 high days already on my Clearblue fertility monitor, which I guess must be good news? I've half a mind to get rid of it though, as I'm not sure it makes a difference.

Is everyone having scans on clomid? I have to have a blood test on day 21, but no-one's mentioned scans...

B

SarahJ23 Mon 20-May-13 17:33:39

I've never had scans just the blood test x

Littlemissworrier Mon 20-May-13 21:35:30

I only had a 21 day blood test no scans. Think you normally get the blood test results to say if you have ovulated the following day. I had mine the Thursday before Good Friday though so couldn't get them on the Friday as bank holiday, Saturday, Sunday or the Monday as that was Easter Monday - another bank holiday!!! That Monday I got my BFP 5 days before due date though smile when they called me on the Tuesday with the results that the clomid had worked and I had ovulated I was pleased to tell them I'd got a positive pregnancy test smilesmilesmilesmile

Ladies stay with it, it really really is a wonder drug!

No scans juts bloods for me x

ShamelessInTheCountry Tue 21-May-13 11:15:16

Thanks Littlemiss
How long was your cycle roughly? That's mad you found out 5days before your period was due! Cut short the waiting! I tend to start spotting around day 23 and come on a couple of days later maybe day 25 or 26 so I only ever had a max 10 day wait from ovulating around day 14 at the earliest, which I know is better than a lot of women who have a good two week wait. I'm just desperate to know if clomid has worked this time, especially as we had a good 20mm follicle and have definitely bloody covered ovulation bonking wise. I'm stopping myself from syptom spotting and trying not to get my hopes up, especially as I already ovulate so its unsure how clomids supposed to help women like me...
Hi Birdie, it depends on the NHS trust whether you get a scan first cycle of clomid or not, ridiculous I know, really they should scan you, around mid-cycle to see what the clomid is doing to your body, if its producing a follicle, or over-producing and you're at a risk of multiple births...The blood tests measure the your progesterone levels which will tell you whether you've ovulated or to - just not how many eggs you produced if you know what I mean....
Xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 21-May-13 13:28:01

Hi shameless

My cycles were all over the place. The reason I went on clomid was because after coming off re pill my periods never returned. When they finally did my progesterone was low and I wasn't ovulating. When they came back in October they weren't regular and was having them every 6-10 weeks apart - was a nightmare. However first round of clomid and bingo! It obviously stimulated my ovulation and I caught it. I feel very lucky!!!

I may be wrong but I think clomid works for ladies that already ovulate because it increases progesterone which helps the eggs stick and also because more eggs can be produced hence increasing chances??? May be wrong.

We are very nervous and have been warned twins could play a part for me, especially as I got such an early pregnancy test result proving the pregnancy hormone was hight - another symptom of twins!!!! All will be revealed on Thursday wink xxx

ShamelessInTheCountry Tue 21-May-13 15:58:44

Thanks for the info Littlemiss. You're obviously really fertile with great eggs and just needed to actually ovulate and get your body to pop an egg or two out smile
Yes I've heard about the theory of it boosting progesterone, hopefully true, because I had a shortish luteal phase and never v high prog results, 27 tops from the 2 months I had readings done, maybe clomid will help that. It gave me such bad spots it must have bloody done something to me hormone wise!
Had acupuncture today, have been having it once a month for the last 8 months, not sure if it does anything but its ultra relaxing!
Will just have to wait and see!
Mega exciting for you this Thursday, GOOD LUCK!!
Xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 21-May-13 16:04:48

Ahhh thanks shameless

Yes it definately increases progesterone, I hardly had any at all that's why I wasn't ovulating and clomid sorted it straight away!

Hopfully lack of progesterone is what's stopping you and this will fix it / fingers crossed smile Xxx

ShamelessInTheCountry Tue 21-May-13 16:06:55

Thanks for the info Littlemiss. You're obviously really fertile with great eggs and just needed to actually ovulate and get your body to pop an egg or two out smile
Yes I've heard about the theory of it boosting progesterone, hopefully true, because I had a shortish luteal phase and never v high prog results, 27 tops from the 2 months I had readings done, maybe clomid will help that. It gave me such bad spots it must have bloody done something to me hormone wise!
Had acupuncture today, have been having it once a month for the last 8 months, not sure if it does anything but its ultra relaxing!
Will just have to wait and see!
Mega exciting for you this Thursday, GOOD LUCK!!
Xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 21-May-13 16:49:59

Good luck for you hunny all sounds positive xxxxxx

KW87 Thu 23-May-13 18:18:41

little miss wow ur lucky. i was put on it becausey cycles were all over the place and i didnt ovulate. i have been tired and my temp is high a degree higher so im hopeful. i did a preg test yesterday about 5 days after positive ovulation and it was negative sad.

littlemiss you have twins if ur showibg already and if the test came back positive already.

im really trying not symptom spot but its hard not to. i have not had any blood spotting yet but i ovulated on the 17 or 18th so its only been 6 days.

Littlemissworrier Fri 24-May-13 06:53:07

Aw KW!! Keep going it will happen I'm absolutely sure!!

Scan went great, I'm a tad further than I though. 12 weeks tomo! And only one baby :0) tummy has changed shape but I'm only little so she said I'd notice a bit earlier.

Sending everyone all my love and baby dust xxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.