clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

KW87 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:09:26

Thanks Alexandra6, did you start counting day 1 after the course of clomid was over.

Also did you do OPK tests everyday? My doc said that i would ovulate anywhere between 5-10 days after the pills.

I appreciate the help. good luck to you.

Alexandra6 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:30:38

Day 1 is the first day of your period. You ovulate any time from around day 10. I had to use ov sticks twice a day so I didn't miss it, the one I caught it on was midday. Then you dtd that night and next night. Good luck x

Littlemissworrier Wed 27-Mar-13 21:10:04

Hi KW and welcome. From my first clomid tablet I got a positive ovulation stick on day 12 so think I actually ovulated on day 13/14. That was last Thursday and I go for my 21 day bloods to confirm the ovulation tomorrow.

Alexandra that's amazing bet you are so excited. Are you watching on born as we speak? smile

I'm on day 20 so at the hospital in the morning for my day 21 bloods. So nervous. I'm just dreading them telling me I didn't ovulate - surely they can't as I got a positive stick?? And it was a clear blue smiley so I've not interpreted it wrong smile

Phew this waiting is awful, at least another week until I can test but we Defo dtd in the timeframe so fingers crossed a) tomo goes well and they confirm my ovulation b) I've caught the bean!!!!!

X

KW87 Wed 27-Mar-13 23:44:02

Thank you so much. Im sure you ovulated and you will get a positive preg test.

Alexandra- that must be so exciting. I got myself more tests and i have been testing once a day but will start doing it twice. My husband and i have been dtd everyday just to be safe.

leanne1405 Thu 28-Mar-13 06:40:13

Hey ladies I just got my BFP!! I can't believe it xx

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Mar-13 07:09:32

Yay leanne woop woop! Amazing. You'll be not far behind me smile fingers crossed for both of us xxxx

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Mar-13 07:12:17

littlemiss good luck with your bloods, I think you did ov. You'll be one week behind Leanne with your BFP! X

leanne1405 Thu 28-Mar-13 08:59:27

Yeah I think so this Isy first pregnancy so it's all new to me. I still can't believe it tbh. Just can't quite believe it's worked for me!! Yes good luck for both if us!! Just can't wait to get it confirmed from the doctors now so I know that it's real and I'm not dreaming lol. Xx

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Mar-13 09:23:13

Ah Leanne it's amazing isn't it, I've been really anxious but trying not to be. My first pregnancy too. It's real, you can't get a false positive (I must have done about 15-20 preg tests by now though to "check" haha). I'm now really hoping the next 7 weeks go really quickly until my first scan. Congrats again! xx

Littlemissworrier Thu 28-Mar-13 15:29:49

Ah Leanne that's amazing!!!!

Whoop! So pleased for you and Alexandra grin

What round and dosage were you I'm Leanne?

Bloods all done this morning and I get my results tue/wed next week. Fingers crossed xxxx

KW87 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:05:45

Hi Ladies, I think I may have got a positive opk test but hte line was light. I have been cramping alot not sure if that means i am ovulating.. did any of you feel that? Im on CD 12 today.

What does 21 blood work look for? I wanted to ask my doc about it and also wanted an internal ultrasound but they take so long to get one here in Canada.

How did you ladies go about booking this so its timed right to see if the folli is there?

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:40:09

Yes I cramped, could literally feel it. I did clear blue digital smiley OPK's as you either get smiley face or not smiley face, easy to understand!

At my hospital, they book you in automatically between day 8-10, on the first day of your cycle. Then they call you back a few days later, and then again a few days later depending on how late you ovulated - so I ovulated on day 20 and ended up having three scans in total.

Day 21 tests measure progesterone which indicates if you ovulated or not. So they should be done 7 days after you ovulated, day 21 is only the right day on a perfect 28 day cycle, it's misleading.

Hope that helps and hope you catch it! smile

KW87 Thu 28-Mar-13 19:51:09

Thanks Alexandra! I will try the clear blue ones.
I have a progesterone blood work to go for so i will go today and do it.. hopefully that will show good results.

Ya ultra sounds are a bit harder to get here but i will ask my doctor and see..

I really hope i catch it this month.. its so frustrating.

leanne1405 Fri 29-Mar-13 05:57:41

I didn't have any ultra sounds or anything, I was given clomid and that was it, and I had my bloods done this month. I didn't get any follicle tracking or anything. I did ask for it but they don't do it in my hospital :-/.

I'm still in shock about it all I can't believe it finally happened!! This was my second round of 50mg of clomid I didn't think it would happen so quick but it did. I'm at the midwife next Friday so were excited about that. Just hang in there ladies it will happen xx

bobbienurse1 Fri 29-Mar-13 20:02:42

Hi all i have been ttc for 18months, i have very irregular periods once in 11months,i am now on my second round of chlomid. I was given a dose of 50mg on my first round and i was unsucessfull, i am now on round 2 on a higher dose of 100mg and i have now ovulated, i am soo happy and hope i get the result i need! Hope all u mummies or women who want a baby get their results coz hpefully i will this month and will have a helathy baby soon! smile

Littlemissworrier Sat 30-Mar-13 13:27:34

Hi all, when I had my bloods on Thursday I told them I'd had a positive clear blue ovulation test the week before so I was excited and sure i had ovulated. The nurse (who wasn't particularly cheerful), told me that was a good sign and really positive news but still doesn't 100% prove I've ovulated and these bloods would tell me for sure (I was gutted)

She said the ovulation tests pick up a hormone from the brain telling your overies to release the egg but the overies still need to do their job to make me ovulate. Surely the fact that hormone is there and it's been picked up is positive sign though? Just praying tue/wed when I get my blood results they are positive for ovulation, i will be so upset if not hmm

Get all keep going girlies, look at the AMAZING news on here recently - you girls really are my inspiration and keep me going - thank you smile xxx

leanne1405 Sat 30-Mar-13 18:39:34

Yeah I'm sure ur bloods will be fine. It is really good to read good news of keeps us going. I know it helped me when I thought all was lost etc.... But when you do get pregnant it brings on whole new stress lol. But I'm excited too but just worried incase I wake up or something lol. Have a nice weekend everyone xx

Littlemissworrier Mon 01-Apr-13 11:19:19

Oh my god ladies!!! I was very nervous to test today as its 1st April but I have and got my BFP!!!1st month on clomid and I just can't believe it - OMG! X

leanne1405 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:14:49

Wow well done littlemissworrier!! That's great news another December baby you think? It's amazing stuff isn't it? Xx

Littlemissworrier Mon 01-Apr-13 13:16:19

I know eeeeek! 12 dec I think grin how about you? Xxxx

leanne1405 Mon 01-Apr-13 13:21:34

I think I'm about the 5th of December! It's all exciting, I did another test this morning just be sure lol I can't help it, and the 2 lines came up straight away lol xx

KW87 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:07:26

Wow that is so exciting Littlemissworrier! .. That gives me hope.. i still have not see a positive ovulation test and I am worried i may have missed it but my husband and I have been dtd everyday jut to be safe. I am on CD 17 now but my boobs and nipples are so tender.. did you ladies have that symptom?

leanne1405 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:11:18

I didn't getting that early, I started with the sore boobs a few days before u tested, are you having your bloods done to see if you have ovulated? Xx

KW87 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:20:21

I am going for a progestrone test today to see what the levels are. I hope it shows that i ovulated. I had sore and very swollen boobs when i was on Clomid and then it got better and now again they are soar and tender to touch but not as swollen.

KW87 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:44:29

Also how soon can you test for pregnancy?

This thread is not accepting new messages.