Congratulations Netmums, BBC gets it wrong! OOPs

(20 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

PWiddy Tue 31-Dec-13 09:15:54

Is it me or is this wrong? Huge Congratulations to Mumsnet towers for the gongs and thanks for all you've done to make this site so fabulous x x
www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-25550915

Tiredemma Tue 31-Dec-13 09:16:40

Netmums did get thge OBE though?

AlaskaNebraska Tue 31-Dec-13 09:17:38

You knob!!

AlaskaNebraska Tue 31-Dec-13 09:18:06

Ahem

HECTheHeraldAngelsSing Tue 31-Dec-13 09:20:15

No. Netmums got the award.

Or are you making a joke about it that's gone flying over my head?

MirandaWest Tue 31-Dec-13 09:20:55

Netmums got an OBE.

Thought you were going to say that the BBC had said it was Mumsnet.

Moln Tue 31-Dec-13 09:21:18

Eh?

LucyLasticBand Tue 31-Dec-13 09:22:24

ooh,is it nice there?
wonders off to join wink

HyvaPaiva Tue 31-Dec-13 09:22:30

confused But it was Netmums who won, OP.

Congrats to them.

Cerisier Tue 31-Dec-13 09:23:14

Eh? Think you are confused OP.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-Dec-13 09:30:39

Aw thank you but no, it was definitely Netmums - congratulations to them!

We reckon Justine and Carrie are like Benjamin Zephaniah - too cool to accept grin (NB there is almost certainly no truth in this whatsoever)

PWiddy Tue 31-Dec-13 09:32:13

not making a joke, am a knob, need more coffee, genuinely thought this lot was that lot. oh dear. will now have to work out how to delete this thread. oops again.

southeastastra Tue 31-Dec-13 09:34:34

mn wouldn't get one as we called dc a bum with eyes stapled on, that probably went against them wink

PWiddy Tue 31-Dec-13 09:34:44

Soz. Well, Thanks to Justine and Carrie for making this site and yeah they are very cool (and should have got one too)

PWiddy Tue 31-Dec-13 09:37:47

blush

Tiredemma Tue 31-Dec-13 09:41:57

mn wouldn't get one as we called dc a bum with eyes stapled on, that probably went against them

That and many other insults and slurs!!! grin

Do we need one?

We are marvellous enough without a shiny gong.

<snurk> at bum with eyes stapled on. Can see how that wouldn't have helped swing our cause.

Well done to Netmums though. Not for me from what I've seen of them but good for them.

Way too sweary and naughty and leftie for OBE from Dave. Though still, loads of important work overlooked IMO.

Though be nice if netmums did acknowledge they may have been inspired by mumsnet - rather than just met at a toddler group and came up with the idea. I mean, the clue is in the name.

Congratulations Netmums!

Shitters, is that libellous? !

Microbe Wed 05-Mar-14 00:49:21

Those 'Tossing Mums' look a right load of ragbags! (see Shrove Tuesday pancake tossers on uTube). Afraid I'm not a MumsNet fan after I posted a politely written, if contentious, comment on their site and received a torrent of vile expletive abuse from other subscribers. I complained to MumsNet about the abuse and they replied "We allow free speech on our website!" And, to think, these 'tossing ragbags' have just been awarded OBE's? Whoops! Do pardon my 'free speech'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now