new information about Diana's death?

(34 Posts)
sparklingstars Sun 18-Aug-13 10:05:02

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23741483

A surprise, or not?

clam Sat 31-Aug-13 09:42:43

Just read a ridiculous piece (Mail I'm afraid) on her death. First, the speculation that she was pregnant (because of an "unmistakeable pregnancy bump" shown on that yacht when wearing a swimming costume and slouching slightly) - since when has a pregnancy, that could only have been a few weeks along, shown visibly? And her good friend Rosa Monckton holidayed with her a week-10 days or so beforehand and reported, in the most delicate way she could, that she'd been on her period at the time.
But the most ludicrous theory of all, was the "testimony" from a French couple driving ahead of the car in that tunnel, who said they saw, through their rear-view mirror, a motorbike stop at the wreckage, the rider get off, peer through the window and turn to give his accomplice a recognised military signal for "mission accomplished." How on earth could two people in a car (two rear-view mirrors??) see all that as their own car was travelling away from the scene, presumably at a reasonable speed. They were ahead of Diana's car, there would need to be time for it to swerve, hit the pillar, skid to a stop, the bike to stop, the rider alight, pick his way through scattered debris, establish the scene inside and then make his "signal." And the Pont d'Alma tunnel, if I recall correctly, is not straight, which means there would be no direct view from a distance due to a curve in the road.
And why the hell did they not stop their car to assist?

Yes, that DM story is a load of far-fetched shite.

And what twaddle are the conspiracy theories. So Diana was considering moving abroad, marrying Dodi and taking William and Harry .... erm - William and Harry were not 4 and 2 years old at that point, they were something like 14 and 12 - their own opinion on where they wanted to live would have been valid and taken into account. And if she'd provided them with a Muslim half-brother or sister, so what? That child wouldn't have been 'royal' at all, so it would have had minimal impact on the 'establishment'.

claig Sat 31-Aug-13 10:29:27

Link to the DM story please?

clam Sat 31-Aug-13 11:38:16
Fairyloo Sun 01-Sep-13 07:54:47

I think carol and Diana would have been Bessie's. I think they would have got on and I think she would have loved Kate

clam Sun 01-Sep-13 17:20:33

Initially maybe. But as Diana couldn't sustain a relationship with anyone long term without falling out, I doubt it would have lasted.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 10-Sep-13 13:53:33

I'm probably one of the few people that has read the entire findings of the 2007 report and all the conspiracies you have ever heard lead back to just the one source... Al Fayed senior. I have a lot of sympathy for him. He wouldn't be the first person to be rendered mentally unstable by grief. However, if you remove his input, every single conspiracy theory simply vanishes.

specialsubject Tue 10-Sep-13 21:49:39

thank you Cogito. That's it, basically.

the deaths of Diana and Dodi Fayed were just a sad case of Darwin award, taking the hapless driver with them. Fayed Snr could not accept that and so tried to shift the blame.

DadOnIce Wed 11-Sep-13 16:01:41

For goodness' sake, will all the Diana conspiracy theorists please go and watch this sketch !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now