Unruly toddlers.

(32 Posts)
Manchesterhistorygirl Sun 21-Apr-13 22:53:58

If you haven't seen this the daily fail is reporting that we are now "breeding a nation of unruly ill mannered toddlers with no sense of purpose", according to Elizabeth Truss MP. Apparently they run around preschool with no sense of purpose. It would be better, today anyway, if we followed the French model where toddlers say hello to every adult who enters a room.

I'm not linking to it, but its being discussed on twitter.

What kind of society are we living in where toddlers are now the latest enemy of the Condems?

Meglet same at the nursery DD goes to. It's just when she's out with us she has a tantrum over walking in the direction she just said she wanted to go in, throws her bowl on the floor, and says 'no' incessantly. grin

janey68 Mon 22-Apr-13 20:58:15

Oh her again. Spouting bullshit on anything and Everything

radicalsubstitution Tue 23-Apr-13 11:54:45

She's at it again today - something along the lines that a third of children entering primary school can't communicate properly. Apparently, it's the fault of nurseries. Does she actually know what proportion of those children actually attended a nursery, or whether or not that was just for funded hours after turning 3?

Anecdotally, the children with the worst language development at DS' school attended no Early Years education whatsoever.

I'm sure that was the fault of the nurseries as well.

Limelight Tue 23-Apr-13 17:05:09

She's on Newsnight tonight apparently.

Limelight Tue 23-Apr-13 23:26:46

Just watched. She's definitely a knob.

claig Tue 23-Apr-13 23:32:01

I like her in general, but I thought that Laura Perrins was very good and came out best. I think Laura should be in politics, she is very good.

Limelight Tue 23-Apr-13 23:35:19

She didn't once give any evidence for anything she said. What studies? What evidence? Which 1/3 of kids? Based on what? And the Prof Nutbrown thing is a killer isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now