I 'm just so devastated having seen, without warning, pictures of a dying child being carried into A & E by her abuser.

(56 Posts)
potatofactory Fri 25-Jan-13 21:17:48

I had no idea of the full story at all until I had read the story. I'm horrified obviously by the story - but by the Daily Mail (I know - I was looking at it) I won't be looking at the site again. Why? Four different views...

That poor poor child - but I'm just so appalled by the paper. They are using the shot as the headline picture - you don't have to click on the story to see it.

Nancy66 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:39:24

it was used as evidence in court and, therefore, I imagine released by the police.

QuickLookBusy Sat 26-Jan-13 13:42:36

I don't think the police usually release photos of a murder victim as they are dying.

Nancy66 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:45:21

The police release all sorts of material.

QuickLookBusy Sat 26-Jan-13 13:54:06

I'm sure they do but this photo isn't typical of one published in a paper.

So either the police shouldn't have given it to the press as its not appropriate or someone else sold it to the press.

Flickstix Sat 26-Jan-13 13:56:10

I was really distressed after seeing that picture, God only knows how the family must feel about it. I think it's utterly inappropriate to publish it in a newspaper or on the internet.

Nancy66 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:57:11

It looks like it was distributed by a news agency in northern ireland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now