Rory McIIroy
Andy Murray
Ellie Simmonds
Sarah Storey
David Weir
Bradley Wiggins

I can't decide ?

44SoStartingOver Thu 29-Nov-12 06:43:27

It has just been such an outstanding year hasn't it? The Olympic coverage has actually enabled people to see them as people.

Paralympians as people has been one of the best things about 2012. I'd have to go for weir or Sarah storey because of their flexibility in vastly different events or sports.

Nancy66 Thu 29-Nov-12 08:23:08

I dont' think Murray's achievements do outweight Wiggins.

He didn't win the greatest prize in his sport

Cozy9 Thu 29-Nov-12 13:06:09

The whole Lance Armstrong thing might have damaged Wiggins chances, cycling is seen as a dirty sport. I think either Ennis or Murray will win.

ivykaty44 Thu 29-Nov-12 14:00:58

If it wasn't forwiggins then I would I think have to vote for Ennis, It was Ennis that had me in tears the night she won Gold

angelinterceptor Thu 29-Nov-12 17:00:46

Bradley Wiggins - no contest he has achieved way more than all the rest.

Mirage Sat 01-Dec-12 00:12:03

None of the equestrian teams nominated then? Despite their amazing performances?

toomuchmonthatendofthemoney Sat 01-Dec-12 00:23:08

Sir Chris Hoy or Andy Murray - well it is St Andrews Day!! grin

Actually think this is a really tough year to choose, so many amazing performances.

I think I may also vote Ellie, her comeback swim had me in tears, yelling hoarsely at the tv, one of my moments of the Games. But everyone deserves credit for outstanding performances. <off to pick splinters out my arse from fence>

EasyFromNowOn Sat 01-Dec-12 09:33:06

Mirage - there's a separate team award, but it isn't open to public vote. I don't know if they'd split the equestrian team out from team GB as a whole for it though.

ivykaty44 Sat 01-Dec-12 09:40:57

I am afraid to say the only member of the equestrian team that I know by name - Nick Skelton - is know for his total lack of personality - sorry sad

YouBrokeMySmoulder Sat 01-Dec-12 09:44:26

I still think Dave Weir over Wiggins just because the Tour is really a team win and Weir has such a story arc. And he's local to me.

Startail Sat 01-Dec-12 09:52:03

Jess the pressure on her was extraordinary.
She responded so well and has such a lovely smile.

Mind you Mo's smile is even cuter.

Honestly I don't think we should have one winner this year they were all brilliant and did themselves and the country proud.

annehathaway Sun 02-Dec-12 22:27:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AmIthatTinselly Mon 03-Dec-12 01:56:38

Andy Murray for me. And he does have a personality. He is a lovely lad with a great sense of humour

Andy Murray for me.

SucksToBeMe Tue 04-Dec-12 20:49:20

Jessica or Mo. I will never forget watching them win. Makes me teary just thinking about it.

Cozy9 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:24:35

The award isn't given for personality! Otherwise how would Steve Davis have won?

DowntonSprouts Tue 04-Dec-12 21:30:21

Chris Hoy has won it before.

In the face of such huge and very deserving competition I would like it to go to Ellie Simmonds.

oohlaalaa Fri 07-Dec-12 13:21:02

Andy Murray for me.

HoHoHokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Fri 07-Dec-12 13:22:45

Mo for me.

Wiggo to win.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now