GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 17:54:22

oh i ve googled her.
id HAVE her

even though she has the brain of a HOUSE

DudeIAmSoFuckingRock Wed 28-Nov-12 18:01:05

grin @ glitknit

sorry for the grin folks i forgot this was a money thread. wink

noddyholder Wed 28-Nov-12 18:21:00

FGS you old strumpet this is a serious economic thread. Now go and find someone to sort your overdraft

GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 18:21:19

Shiver

GlitKnit Wed 28-Nov-12 18:21:39

Imagine. My back account at the Bank of England

noddyholder Wed 28-Nov-12 18:25:50

He has done a good job in canada he has to be an improvement here. Merv is finished and too in the pockets of the govt even though they claim he isn't.

edam Fri 30-Nov-12 10:14:22

I'm not impressed by a former employee of Goldman Sachs being put in charge of the Bank of England. It's like putting a fox in charge of the hen house. He may or may not have done very well in Canada but still, Goldman are the problem, and he's contaminated by his background there.

We need a Leveson Inquiry into the banking crisis and the culture and practices of the industry...

MiniTheMinx Fri 30-Nov-12 13:48:01

Agree Edam, we are facing a possible triple dip recession partly because of stagnant wages, whilst Carney will be paid twice what King was paid. I wonder if he's heart is in it? he wasn't interested initially but was interested when he realised he would be getting a 50% increase on his current salary. It is money that has persuaded him to take the job.

sieglinde Mon 03-Dec-12 10:06:31

gods, no offence but Canada is just about the most right-of-centre place in the Anglophone world. He'll be a great help to the same old people, I bet.

Maybe we should discuss this elsewhere, but aren't we facing a triple dip less because of the banking sector than because of the balance of trade deficit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now