peppa pig makes children naughty

(182 Posts)
medjool Mon 09-Jan-12 01:47:19

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2084021/Is-Peppa-Pig-making-toddlers-naughty-Parents-despair-children-copy-cartoon-answering-back.html

ToSh!

StrandedBear Mon 09-Jan-12 11:54:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stranded- its possibly because they (shock horror) burp and even blow raspberries. Sure sign on future asbos.

Of not on. Stupid fat fingers.

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 09-Jan-12 11:59:51

I'd be quite worried if my DS said " poohead" though. Can't recall learning that gem of good behaviour from Peppa (smile)

I suppose poohead is slightly better than shithead smile

goodasgold Mon 09-Jan-12 12:01:23

I found the one with the parrot quite provocative. My ds went around saying 'you silly old bird' for a whole day and we never watched Peppa again.

I also dislike Daddy Pig, I think he's digusting. He would be the last person I'd sit next to on a train.

we love Peppa! She's not a rude brat at all & she has lots of fun whilst being devoted to family life. Yes we got a few "I'm not your best friend anymore" from DD but that was amusing rather than naughty.

we love Madam Gazalle - woooooo!

I don't think young kids need Peppa to get them jumping in muddy puddles - surely small children have been doing that since time began?

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 09-Jan-12 12:04:17

grin @ Mud

Start warming up the naughty step Mud.

Silly old bird? You stopped watching peppa for the phrase silly old bird?!

Peppa has manners, has fun and doesn't beat up George. Mummy and Daddy pig seem to enjoy spending time with their children and they play outside a lot.

dia123 Mon 09-Jan-12 12:05:32

How can anyone blame pp for your child's behavior its tv my 3 year old loves pp and when shes naughty she gets told off its called parenting

Because people always want an excuse. I know why DS plays up and it's because I'm inconsistent at times, not because a cartoon pig stuck her tongue out!

battherat Mon 09-Jan-12 12:12:46

I really don't think that Peppa contributes to bad behaviour. Her language is good and her interaction with the other characters is nearly always positive. When it isn't then she is pulled up.

The family is always having fun together. They speak nicely with each other and enjoy each other's company. DS has enjoyed eating with us at at the table since seeing Peppa and George enjoying their dinner with Mummy and Daddy Pig.

Yes there are raspberries and burps but I see that as being irreverent humour that engages the child. It certainly tickles me.

sherbetpips Mon 09-Jan-12 12:14:20

just wait until your kids start watching Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. the rules are as follows: All dads are stupid and often unemployed, all mothers are busy working mums with no time for kids, all little sisters are evil.
Every disney/Nick/CN program follows this. Best friends are usually fairly stupid too.
I stopped my son watching some awful cartoon this morning when the annoying character was constantly answering back to its mother, with the final retort from the character to its parent being - well you gave birth to me!
I hate these programs they teach bratty, self centred behaviour and that it doesnt matter how rude you are, you are more clever than your parents/peers and you will get away with it.

wishingchair Mon 09-Jan-12 12:16:14

This is life isn't it? They see someone behaving differently to them - be it peppa pig, horrid henry, bloody hannah montana ... or (far more likely IME)someone at school or nursery - and they try it out for themselves to see what the response is. It is the response that matters!!

My fave episode - the one where the dads have a bbq and the mums go out in the fire engine to sort the inferno out.

wigglesrock Mon 09-Jan-12 12:17:35

I've watched a lot of Peppa Pig (sometimes through choice grin), I'm not seeing the rudeness to be honest, but maybe my standards are a bit lax! I like it, the "kids" have a lot of friends, there are grandparents, sole parents, differing family structures, annoying little brothers, patronising elder cousins etc - a lot like every day life.

Its all a bit reminiscent of when my Mum stopped me watching Grange Hill because she thought the pupils were rude to the teachers, she reneged so we could "discuss" the Zammo drug taking, and the teenage pregnancy, my mum was a bit ahead of her time - I was mortified at the time.

LtEveDallas Mon 09-Jan-12 12:18:07

I always thought Peppa was pretty hard on George - I remember spending an awful lot of time saying "Ohh that wasn't nice was it DD?, poor old George" smile

I like it when Grandpa Pig falls asleep on the boat and leaves them stranded on the island. It always tickles me that at least they'd have lamb/pork chops and bacon to survive on.

She's hard on George but really he does need to toughen up a bit. She doesn't hit or bite him though and she does sometimes let him play.

Suzy Sheep is the rude brat IMO.

Teaandcakeplease Mon 09-Jan-12 12:25:02

My kids love it. It does not cause any bad behaviour in them at all. I have always considered it lovely with the please and thank you's, playing nicely with her brother etc.

I'll tell you what does cause my children to become devils. Igam ogam angry

Emmielu Mon 09-Jan-12 12:25:08

When i saw this on morning news i laughed so much. Really? If thats the case maybe you should make kids watch Phineas & Ferb from the age of 1. Those 2 kids make plenty of creative inventions & manage to get rid of the evidence without polluting the world. HA!

annh Mon 09-Jan-12 12:25:41

This has just been featured on This Morning - slow news day??? Had the sound off so don't know what they said.

StrandedBear Mon 09-Jan-12 12:26:34

StrandedBear Mon 09-Jan-12 12:27:43

NormanTebbit Mon 09-Jan-12 12:27:59

one more thing to worry about....

<chucks DD a treat>
You mean they aren't pets? grin

No I find that they have a goldfish weird but I've told myself it's that if the fish was a proper character it wouldnt be able to run about with the others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now