Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

aga

(5 Posts)
ohforfoxsake Tue 23-Jul-13 21:10:07

I changed my old, solid fuel converted to gas, water heating aga and replaced it with a new gas fired one.

I love the warmth it gives off (we are up North so it's quite damp most of the time). Dries everything, cooks everything, keeps DHs dinner warm til he gets home, irons the school tops, etc.

I got it from the Aga shop on offer - it's worth asking if they have any offers on. And get your name on the list if an ex-display model comes up.

dufflefluffle Tue 23-Jul-13 21:00:40

I have an aga and I adore it. Ditto re the oil though - ours is only being lit from October to March these days but when it is on I am a sahm (well I'm that when it's off too) and cook and bake a lot, I finish off drying my clothes on it, drying pots and pans, etc. It does earn its keep. However I know someone who works long hours and has one but an electric one (I think) so it is timed to come on before she gets home in the evening. Mine does not heat water but two friends whose Aga's too have had less than positive experiences with that aspect of them

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 23-Jul-13 20:57:20

Agree with TallGiraffe, they are hideously expensive to run. We switched ours off in May and had to get an engineer out to restart it in October.

TallGiraffe Tue 23-Jul-13 20:55:33

Unless you're made of money then don't! We have an oil fired one, which when oil was cheap was fine. Oil is now 60-70p/ litre. We spent £5000 keeping ours alight last year.

bobbypercy1 Tue 23-Jul-13 10:12:17

I want an aga. Can anyone recommend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now