Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

air conditioning units

(2 Posts)
arbydad Wed 28-Aug-13 23:16:17

Very expensive £200 upwards, but I was tempted this year (mainly worrying the temperature was to high for bugs). However for on average 3-4 weeks a year of hot weather I'm not convinced it's worth it.

That said, knowing a little about engineering I'll offer a little advice: steer clear of 'Air coolers' - they look like air conditioners but will be much cheaper. They are essentially fans that pump water must into the air to cool it down. This only works if the weather is dry (I.e. not humid or 'close').

For a/c make sure you get one that is the right size for the room you'll put it in, ensure the house is long enough to go out the window of your choice, and as always check reviews before buying.

alreadytaken Thu 18-Jul-13 10:28:26

Anyone got one? I am seriously thinking of getting one as our weather becomes more variable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now