Note: This topic is for discussing household goods. If you want to buy or sell household goods, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

I need a new kettle. Is there such thing as a great kettle?

(7 Posts)
LynetteScavo Fri 29-Mar-13 11:44:55

The Philips one I've had for less than a year started to leak - then the lid snapped off (I wasn't being rough - I've no idea how it happened, it just sort of fell off, but it obviously snapped at the hinges). Anyway, that one cost me £40 and matched the toaster. It looked like this.

Please tell me which kettle to buy to replace it. confused

DeepRedBetty Fri 29-Mar-13 11:48:10

I've got a Russell Hobbs one. I like it because it's red and everyone knows red ones go faster... (or was that cars?)

lljkk Fri 29-Mar-13 11:53:57

that Russell Hobbs kettle is the one I wanted!!

(It matches our toaster colours which DH utterly fails to appreciate, hymph).

Comes in other colours, too.

I think the one DH bought is Aluminium, but I would try to get steel myself.

middleagedspread Fri 29-Mar-13 12:00:21

Please don't get a Dualit one, I've had 3 & none of them worked for over 18 months. John Lewis kept replacing them but I gave up in the end.
Got a Magimix one now which seems fine.

MrsJohnDeere Fri 29-Mar-13 12:01:25

DON'T get http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/products/kettles/traditional-kettles/43772-Accents-Red-Traditional-Kettle.html

The red covering peels off in no time and it looks really shabby. Can't wait for mine to break so that I have an excuse to buy a new one.

LynetteScavo Fri 29-Mar-13 13:32:13

I thought you would all say Dualit!

Red would look rubbish in my kitchen.

Don't get a Magimix kettle.

We had one, which was replaced twice under warranty. When the third kettle broke, I couldn't find the receipt, so it was binned.

Read the Amazon reviews. A lot of people have had trouble with Magimix kettles. It's not just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now