melamine on walls as whiteboard

(6 Posts)
marissab Thu 18-Apr-13 15:50:18

We have melamine paint on our fire surround and a. It's horrid and drips loads and b. I think it would mark and not rub off easily. I wouldn't want a wall painted in it.

Tinuviel Thu 04-Apr-13 21:30:16

Good to hear that the static whiteboard paper works - we're thinking of buying a roll between a few families so we can share the costs!

chickensaladagain Wed 03-Apr-13 22:25:17

don't use the paint!!!

unless your walls are completely flat and you get a completely smooth finish, it won't wipe clean and your walls will forever look grubby

stilllearnin Wed 03-Apr-13 22:20:49

I've used the static whiteboard paper. It's brilliant and sticks/ clings (but wrinkle free) to the walls of your house and wipes clean. Plus you can move it round the house. It is expensive - someone gave me some sheets when I was delivering training.

Tinuviel Sat 30-Mar-13 23:47:06

Can't help with the melamine paint but I saw a roll of whiteboards in Rymans which use static to stick. In the description it says you use them on a whiteboard stand but the packaging implies you can use them anywhere! It might be worth a look. Quite expensive but you might find other people who would be willing to share a pack with you.

hlore Sat 30-Mar-13 11:18:28

Am looking to make some walls into whiteboard walls, this whiteboard paint is expensive and I read on an American site that melamine paint could do the same trick. Anyone got experience with this? Ta

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now