Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Dining table and chairs for small space

(8 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Fri 23-Aug-13 13:42:58

I've been looking for an extendable table and chairs and am getting no where! I love the retro, ercol style look but can no way afford the real thing.

Anyone any tips? I have budget of £300 for a table and four chairs, would like it to be wood or even wood veneer. Table must be around 60 x 90 when not extended.

Betty5313 Fri 23-Aug-13 19:31:28

should be plenty of g plan stuff on eBay in that price bracket (even ercol, if you don't mind doing a bit of TLC).

Betty5313 Fri 23-Aug-13 19:32:38

Ercol did a refectory table about that size, doesn't extend though.

Tweet2tweet Fri 23-Aug-13 20:02:51

Thanks Betty, I'm going to go on a search!

Betty5313 Fri 23-Aug-13 20:14:35

You're welcome smile bought us a lovely sideboard for our new house recently, I have a bit of a thing about stylish furniture!

icklekid Mon 26-Aug-13 05:59:59

Homebase.. m.homebase.co.uk/mt/www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=889249&un_jtt_v_unSetCookie=yes £330 but 15% off at the moment. We have this set for last 4 years and still in perfect condition

joseph000 Fri 27-Sep-13 08:24:43

The table and chairs that you select for the dining space should be complementary to the environment of the room.With choices aplenty, you can easily find tables and chairs appropriate for your dining room in an online furniture store as online stores are often able to offer you the best deals.Good quality table and chairs can last for generations with the right care.

Pinkje Fri 27-Sep-13 20:03:47

Gumtree - I got something similar to what you are looking for last year (and for only £140, table + 4 chairs + sideboard). Wasn't g-plan or ercol but mackintosh's (of Fife) which is 1970's teak. Really lovely and retro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now