Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Brittania Themed Guest Room?

(8 Posts)
Nix01 Mon 22-Jul-13 21:39:13

Most of our guests come from outside of England so I'm thinking of a vintage Brittania theme.

We've bought a lovely white wrought iron guestbed with plain white Egyptian Cotton linens. The carpet is beige but all of the wardrobes and fittings are white.

I was thinking some bold dashes of the Union Jack or maybe iconic London images, the odd UJ jug for flowers, maybe a tray on the dresser for accessories etc, what do you think and where would you suggest I start looking for these items?

AliBingo Tue 23-Jul-13 18:43:57

Not sure what your budget is but Next and M&S had some Union Jack and London homewares last year, I imagine they may have some again this year.

Nix01 Wed 24-Jul-13 21:38:08

Thanks, will look

B&M also have these things.
It sounds like a good idea and can look quite nice (even though I'm not remotely patriotic!)

Nix01 Thu 25-Jul-13 08:33:19

Thank you. I've bought a few odds and ends from eBay and its all starting to take shape smile

I'm not familiar with B&m, what does it stand for?

Jenijena Thu 25-Jul-13 10:42:58

There's some great fabric available in London/Britain themes at the moment in my local fabric shop (green hill patchwork) of you're at all crafty.

I have no idea, it's literally called b&m

www.bmstores.co.uk/

Nix01 Sat 27-Jul-13 16:21:57

Thanks Jeni, unfortunately, I'm not really talented in that area smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now