Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Pale grey paint recommendations for hallway/stairs

(33 Posts)
yawningbear Tue 30-Apr-13 17:27:09

After watching The Ice cream Girls on catch up yesterday I have decided that the hallway needs to be light grey. If anyone has seen it, Serena's mothers house has a light grey hall and it looked stunning.

Now our house is about half the size and not nearly as gorgeous but it does have a similar hallway and it is very light as it has a really big cupola at the top. Can anyone recommend a pale grey paint? I really don't want to have to go and spend a fortune on testers.

I can also foresee difficulties with negotiation of this idea with DP, so decision needs to be made with minimum fuss grin

TrampyPants Sun 05-May-13 14:15:01

ooh, I love the dulux polished pebble. We are having that for the living room. We have just used wilko's own cheapskate in pearl grey for our hallway, it isn't finished yet but its a lovely colour. theres a hint of lavender to it that warms up the greyness.

lougle Sun 05-May-13 14:22:41

My dulux polished pebble still looks new a year later smile

iclaudius Sun 05-May-13 14:24:32

F and b blackened is my fave colour ever but definitely BLUE

yawningbear Sun 05-May-13 17:39:17

Ah, you see that makes me swerve towards polished pebble iclaudius, I love pale blue but in the hall I want grey, light grey, pale grey, grey, not blue. Though they do actually look identical so perhaps they are both feking light blue grin

MrsTMD Sun 05-May-13 18:41:36

Im with preciousring on this.we have just used dulex chic shadow in our hallway as i wanted a pretty pale grey.it looks great.x

lougle Sun 05-May-13 18:41:50

Polished Pebble is quite definitely grey. I have it next to blue lagoon in my lounge, so a real blue-green and I have a white and silver wallpaper in my hall - it would be obvious if it was blue. It's grey grin

Another one here with Polished Pebble in the living room. Not a hint of blue in it, looks seriously classy (if I do say so myself!).

DoNotDisturb Sun 05-May-13 22:02:29

Dulux smoulder is a bit darker but a gorgeous warm grey. Have it in my hall and love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now