Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Where do you buy pictures/art?

(11 Posts)
craftycottontail Sat 06-Apr-13 10:58:01

Folksy.com (UK equivilent of Etsy) has some nice stuff too - lot of dross, but some good too!

these are lovely & you can zoom in to see better. I wasn't disappointed when I saw the real thing...
click here
Mine's a Bantam! A limited edition too smile

www.etsy.com is worth a look. I just bought a nice little watercolour for £30 and a beautiful hand thrown salad bowl.

pickledraisins Tue 02-Apr-13 20:21:22

http://m.achica.com/userregistration.aspx?gclid=COf764farLYCFYfJtAod8kgAPA&WT.tsrc=ppc&WT.mc_id=132

Sorry I'm no good at links, but Achica has great affordable and unusual art

DieWilde13 Sun 31-Mar-13 20:59:24

Easyart.com

LynetteScavo Sun 31-Mar-13 20:58:31

I'll have a look out for art exhibitions. Looking on line is sooo difficult to tell what the picture is like in RL.

scurryfunge Sun 31-Mar-13 20:18:11

I've bought a few from local art exhibitions- anything from £50 to £200. Just buy what you like.

CointreauVersial Sun 31-Mar-13 20:16:13

Local art exhibitions. Shops and galleries when we're on holiday.

The most we've paid is £350; we saw the artist's work at an exhibition, but the paintings were already sold, so we tracked him down, visited him at home and bought a painting from him directly.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 31-Mar-13 20:12:57
CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 31-Mar-13 20:11:18

art college end of year shows if you want one-off originals, exhibitions at little local galleries for a numbered print, or order online from the tate or other big galleries for a decent poster print of a lesser known piece

LynetteScavo Sun 31-Mar-13 20:07:36

I'm not looking for original an Van Gough, but want something nicer than an Ikea print.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now