Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Ikea Expedit

(14 Posts)
MrsJamin Wed 06-Feb-13 05:50:42

We have the zip up boxes for expedit, fab for things with tiny bits like lego. Covering the boxes is a cool idea. Have a search for "ikea hacks expedit" in google images and it might give you some ideas you could make yourself.

QueenMaeve Sun 03-Feb-13 19:47:40

The boxes with lids you can get for Expedit, could easily be jazzed up. You could cover with fabric, use wall stickers on them, decoupage, or spray a different colour

herhonesty Sat 02-Feb-13 07:45:31

Lazari or lazzari and vertbaudet do nice storage boxes

montage Fri 01-Feb-13 01:24:02

That drona box now also comes in a pink-floral-on-white option, instore.

NoMoreWineForMeThen Mon 21-Jan-13 23:30:20

Ooh they look good, thank you!

flakjacket Mon 21-Jan-13 10:19:25

http://www.partsofsweden.co.uk/ikea2/storage/king-basket/

Themobstersknife Mon 21-Jan-13 10:16:52

Plastic themed boxes work well also because I can get DD1 tidying up as she knows where things should go. I am making her anal like me!

lechatnoir Sun 20-Jan-13 22:09:08

GLTC do some lovely boxes http://www.gltc.co.uk/

ArtyFartyQueen Sun 20-Jan-13 20:21:39

I'm looking at Expedit too - what I was looking at was getting these boxes www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30219281/ and then finding some material to cover them. Could something like that work for you?

NoMoreWineForMeThen Sun 20-Jan-13 20:12:49

Trofast is great for their bedrooms but not exactly what I'm after for the 'dining come play room'.

Ha, it's amazing the number of things I have done around the house that I would have turned my nose up at pre-children!

hotbot Sun 20-Jan-13 17:33:14

We are ikea trofast fans here, tho. A few years ago I would have put my eyes on forks before ever thinking I would resort to plastic tat storage.
It's good because I can theme a box eg octonauts, and they are varying sizes,

NoMoreWineForMeThen Sun 20-Jan-13 17:27:32

DD is 2 and DTS 8 months.

I feel like I'm living in Toys r Us, particularly since Christmas! Our dining room is slowly becoming the dumping ground for all of the toys and I would like to be able to tidy everything away and still use the room as a dining room (in 20nevernever when we have friends over for dinner again! grin). Therefore, I would like something that looks nice but can also withstand 3 LO.

Themobstersknife Sun 20-Jan-13 17:19:08

How old are your kids? I have expedit and originally wanted funky! But have settled on cheap, see through boxes, so the kids can see what is in them. This stopped the hauling all the baskets out and chucking the contents on the floor technique that they previously employed! They don't look good but save lots of tidying!

NoMoreWineForMeThen Sun 20-Jan-13 17:12:59

Ikea Expedit seems like a good solution to our toy storage issues but I'd like 'funkier' storage baskets than those available at Ikea. Wondered if anyone has any suggestions? I thought it might be worth asking as I've often come across custom covers for Ikea sofa and chairs so perhaps someone is doing custom baskets for the Expedit book shelves? I can find lots of interesting storage baskets available in the States but nothing in the UK.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now