Note: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're using an iPhone or iPad, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Heavy curtains

(6 Posts)
mumblechum1 Sun 20-Jan-13 17:32:04

John Lewis have always made our curtains. I think the last ones cost quite a lot more than £120 though; a pair for some floor length windows and a bay (three quarter length) cost about £2k iirc. Nice heavy fabric, I almost always ask JL to use Voyage fabrics as they're really good quality.

Flossiechops Sun 20-Jan-13 17:31:25

Or you could try 247curtains or tuiss

Flossiechops Sun 20-Jan-13 17:28:58

Try natural curtain company they have some stylish fabrics but may cost a bit more depending on your measurements smile

lizzywig Sun 20-Jan-13 17:25:39

I'm willing to pay more but don't know where to go to buy them?!

GettingObsessive Sun 20-Jan-13 17:05:46

If you want heavy looking they will need to be interlined and you ain't gonna get that for under £120 unless you make them yourself - even then you might struggle.

lizzywig Sun 20-Jan-13 16:53:19

I'm after some really good quality expensive looking heavy curtains for our living room. I want some kind of cream/putty colour with some kind of pattern running through it, preferably a red although the latter is not so important. It's the quality that matters and so far i haven't found what i want which is the type of curtain that looks glorious from outside the house too. Max budget 120 really but would pay more if necessary. Feel like I've tried everywhere including dunelm but they all feel so light. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now