NNote: This topic allows you to post a picture with your message using the Browse button under the Add Message box. You can only post one pic per message - and it will always appear above the text of your message, whichever order you browse/type in. If your pic doesn't load, try making it smaller (50KB max). We're afraid that you can't post up pictures if you're using the MN Talk App. And if you're not running IOS6 on your iPad or iPhone, you won't be able to browse for images on your Apple device.

Lost polar bear teddy in Cambridge today - hysterical child

(53 Posts)
namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:26:26

Hello MN

I'm pretty sure i am posting in the wrong area but don't know where to put it being reasonably new to MN.

My DD lost her Polar Bear teddy 'hugo' today in Cambridge. I've tried Yo Sushi and TK's (no joy) which are the two places he was most likely left... although there's a chance he could have been left in the new trainer shop next to Karen Millen. If you happen to know the name of this shop can you please let me know?

Equally any advice on comforting an inconsolable child, that'd be helpful too sad - i have never seen her so upset, she's had him since birth - 8 years....

Abra1d Sat 30-Nov-13 21:27:40

Have you Facebooked and Tweeted?

It's horrid when they lose things.

glorious Sat 30-Nov-13 21:28:33

Oh poor DD. Bumping for you. I think there is a place but not sure where!

GotMyGoat Sat 30-Nov-13 21:29:59

Oh I'm so sorry sad Are you able to go on a special trip tomorrow? something distracting? Really hope Hugo turns up.

realblueprint Sat 30-Nov-13 21:30:42

Oh no sad

Not in Cambridge so can't help with that. Maybe a MNer can come up with a replacement? I know I have a John Lewis polar bear if that's any good...here did Hugo come from and what did he look like?

Treadlightly Sat 30-Nov-13 21:30:53

Oh poor dd!!

Have you posted on your local site?

PartyFops Sat 30-Nov-13 21:32:06

What does it look like. We have a polar bear teddy and we live near Cambridge. If its the same you could have it.

EmLH Sat 30-Nov-13 21:33:39

There's a shoe shop called Size opposite Karen Millen, is that the one you mean?

I'm not in Cambridge so can't help with the search, but I remember when my DS list his favourite bear overnight and I ended up driving around looking in car parks, etc desperate to find him! (he eventually turned up in the library the next day).

Are you able to find the same polar bear online just in case he can't be found? Could you describe him in case someone has one they no longer need?

magpieC Sat 30-Nov-13 21:37:27

The new shoe shop is Offspring. Phone number is on their website here: http://www.offspring.co.uk/view/content/storelocator

Hope it turns up!

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:33

Hello all, thanks so much for the replies. He is powder blue (well, loosely speaking - he's rather old and she wouldn't let me wash him) and he was bought in an airport in Spain sad so not like i could get another one - i've just been searching google images to try and find one. DH and i are both so upset for her - she's an only child and always says he's her best friend - she talks to him... sorry but it's horrible hearing her so distressed. He's about 20cm long.

camwombat Sat 30-Nov-13 21:38:53

it might be Offspring in which case a friend is the manager there I have just messaged her to ask (& double check store location).
a random other thought but it might be worth asking build a bear, people occasionally hand in lost bears there even if they aren't bab bears.
hope you find him...

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:39:47

MagpieC THANK YOU!!! i'll ring them in the morning - not holding out too much hope as i'm sure it was TK's and they say he hasn't been found. Can't see many mums letting a child take a used/grubby toy from a shop can you??

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:41:50

camwombat Thank you SO much - if it's not TK's its there. She bought a little toy with her pocket money in TK's then opened the packaging in Offspring sat on the seating at the back whilst DH looked at the trainers so quite likely it could've been there. Thanks again all, i am touched by the compassion shown on this forum.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:28

Hope it turns up.

camwombat Sat 30-Nov-13 21:43:59

nor can I, but believe me, people do go into build a bear saying they found this bear and thought they would know what to do with it. confused Err yes because its the natural place to go looking for it if you've not been shopping there...

LongStripedScarfWearer Sat 30-Nov-13 21:45:30

If he doesn't turn up, let us know ASAP and we will start the postcards - Hugo can go on an adventure around the country/world and send postcards to your DD until you (hopefully) find him or a replacement.

Hope he turns up. sad

camwombat Sat 30-Nov-13 21:45:49

sorry misread a msg completely, not sure what my brain was doing. will let you know if I hear from friend.

EmLH Sat 30-Nov-13 21:47:05

I have spoken to a friend who works in the grand arcade and she said she'd email the management suite on mon to try and get the word out. Fingers crossed!

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 21:54:58

Thanks all, and fabulous thanks Em - she's just asked me to write to Santa as he'll be able to find him as he can see everything sad

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:31:13

Hugo sad

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:41:54

trying to post a picture of him confused

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:42:34

Hoorah - so that was Hugo lovely people. If you see anything similar anywhere for any price, please let me know!

PartyFops Sat 30-Nov-13 22:45:31

Aww sorry, my polar bear is quite different from that. I hope you find Hugo smile

namechange74 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:47:29

Yes i know he's unusual, struggling to find anything remotely like him on the internet at the moment, closest being a Steiff wink which is a little expensive to say the least - hey ho, i'll continue the search tomorrow...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now