Eeek its a mouse

(7 Posts)
Mooycow Wed 16-Oct-13 16:35:41

We have mice. Seen the evidence gnawed paper ,chewed food sachets etc, they are in the loft (hear them), bedroom (seen it) and kitchen, newish house (10yrs) field mice, how do i het them out any ideas .
ps no cat advice we have a large dobie tho .

DoYourKegels Wed 16-Oct-13 19:30:31

Council will come for about £40 round our way, put down poison and check back twice that they are gone.

We've had them so many times I just buy poison off Amazon now, and put it in safe places as soon as there are signs.

Feckin hate the wee little bastards.

ShoeWhore Wed 16-Oct-13 23:39:11

You need to find out where they are getting in and seal it up. Properly with no gaps at all, not even a mm space (they will squeeze through)

And then you need traps, proper nasty ones, none of that humane nonsense (they don't work unless you drive the captured mouse miles and miles away, in which case it will be in alien territory and probably die anyway, so do yourself a favour and kill it in a trap)

ShoeWhore Wed 16-Oct-13 23:39:17

Good luck!

ihearsounds Wed 16-Oct-13 23:46:34

THey also hate peppermint. When you are scrubbing everywhere to get rid of their desease and scent, as well as using bleach/disinfectant, use peppermint.

Once you have the little fuckers out, buy yourself the plug in deterrents.

When sealing up holes, use glass in the mix.

And yes, got proper traps. Not the humane shite. Maybe if people stopped with this humane crap, and shifting their problems to other areas, then there wouldn't be as many as the little shits. Because at the end of the day, there is nothing cute about them. Unless of course you like the idea of catching diseases from the doubly incontinent nasty little things.

Mooycow Thu 17-Oct-13 09:03:53

Thanks for the advice i will def get traps, we have put poison down but worried in case they all die in the wall space and cause a smell , he ho

SoupDragon Thu 17-Oct-13 09:08:20

I never had a nasty smell when my recurrent mouse problem was treated with poison.

Block holes with wire wool - they don't like chowing through it. I have it stuffed down where the radiator pipes come up through the floor.

Get your air bricks covered with fine wire mesh and sealed round the edges with a silicone sealant type stuff.

Mice can, apparently, fit through a hole the size of a pencil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now