Unfuck my habitat

(949 Posts)
GibberTheMonkey Fri 06-Sep-13 15:48:58

Do we have a thread already?
The prissy fly lady lot do wink
Anyone want to join me?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Fri 08-Nov-13 14:38:53

Ah, but if you're even considering your third load of laundry, you must have already done two which sounds pretty productive to me grin

I have unfucked the dirty dishes and unpacked the shopping.

New boots are on my feet, stretching a little so they fit my fat legs a bit better so another job done gringrin!!

There is just about enough time for me to put a load of washing on but it would require me to get of my backside and MN!

TheYamiOfYawn Fri 08-Nov-13 20:55:10

The children are asleep, the dishes are washed and I have had wine. I am now considering writing out the list of weekend unfucking tasks and laminating them.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Nov-13 09:54:22

Yami - have you got a laminated list yet? grin?!

I made the big mistake of going to bed at 9.30 last night. Had already slept for 30minutes whilst listening to DS read blush.

I thought if I went to bed really early then I'd be up at 5 and get loads done today. As it turned out, I had toothache most of the night and DS got into my bed at midnight and shuffled and made noises all fucking night. Now I feel like I've had approx 36 minutes sleep sad.

First job is to unfuck the first load of washing.

Second is to put a coat of paint on the partially painted cupboard (it's been like this for two weeks blush).

Then, I'll start my list grin

Good luck unfucking, unfuckers!!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Nov-13 12:10:17

Hmm, it has taken me two hours to unfuck my first two tasks. However, they are now unfucked and I have written three lists grin.

Off to unfuck the beds now...must resist getting back into it once it's clean, though!

ZingWantsGin Sat 09-Nov-13 13:03:06

all tasks are out the window. I bloody hurt my shoulder & arm.

how did I do that you might want to know? fell? lifted something? overdid some excersie?

no, not at all. I must have slept in an awkward position! angry

I'm just about ok when sitting (reclining?) coz my arm is supported, but when I stand up and my arm hangs or moves I'm in agony!
ffs!

I had so much to do today! <wails>

to save the day I decided to get on with my patchwork Christmas tree mat - I think I might just be able to a bit of hand quilting. I hope.

DH is unfucking the house. he is a machine, so he'll get loads done.

unfucking by me will continue on Monday.
have a nice weekend! smile

FunnyRunner Sat 09-Nov-13 16:06:47

I bought a coal bucket and some sun dried tomatoes. My sole achievements of the day blush

Unfucked the dds wardrobes today. One big binbag to go to recycling and one bag of summer clothes to go in storage. Also unfucked dining/play room, 2 bags of toys chucked. Feeling good!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Nov-13 19:21:56

Right, I have done sod all today so need to get some stuff unfucked before the last of the day disappears.

Going to take some painkillers for this bloody toothache and get my act together.

Wash load #2 is in the machine.

Cupboard is painted to a 'good enough' standard...it's going in my poorly lit bedroom grin so can now be evicted from its current home - the kitchen floor.

The next 60 minutes are to be spent unfucking some paperwork...wish me luck!!

ZingWantsGin Sat 09-Nov-13 20:26:28

<hands Co-codamol to Hiccup>

I did sweet fuck all today, as predicted. I've had a near migraine headache for two days now, can't take Nurofen, but coffee helped.

I am exhausted from the constant dull ache & dizziness. it feels like as if I had been crying all day confused when actually I've been watching Frasier and laughing loads.

I swear it is just the best sitcom ever.
Love loads of them, especially Friends, Scrubs and TBBT, but Frasier beats them all, IMO.

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Nov-13 21:12:08

Thanks, zing!

Bizarrely, I feel like I've been on the edge of a migraine attack since Wednesday or Thursday. Thankfully, it hasn't come to anything. I think that would properly finish me off sad.

Surprise, surprise, I didn't get anywhere near my paperwork blush. I did, however, remake both beds and hang out the washing so not a goal waste of two hours!

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sat 09-Nov-13 21:12:56

Forgot to say...I, too, love frasier! grin

AdoraBell Sun 10-Nov-13 02:32:50

Fuck all unfucking happening here, although we did take DDs bowling so I S'pose that counts. DH will be away next week so I will probably feel much moré like unfucking things then.

Weather tomoz doesn't look conduicive To getting the rest of the school uniforms washed so it may have To wait a day or Two. DDs have enough clean ítems for Monday, meh.

MsUrsa Sun 10-Nov-13 16:52:10

LOVE that website. Tis amazing.

Have got 2 bags off to charity shop and 1 to dump already this weekend, and another black bag now waiting to go to charity tomorrow.

And none of that gendered housewifey shit you get on FlyLady.

I mean I could make FL work, but it drove me up the walls and round the houses with the sheer volume of twee. The MN Fly thread people are nice (and dislike cleaning as much as I do), but the website itself did my head in.

Time for brew, methinks.

Daisybell1 Sun 10-Nov-13 22:19:54

I know this is the thread for me, and I know it goes completely against the tone of the website, but how do I get started? Is the android ap worth buying? The website says its better on tumblr, but what is that????

Am now feeling really old.

On a positive note, I need to start unfucking now, as the entire house is a pit due to having the builders in.

FunnyRunner Sun 10-Nov-13 22:37:41

Daisy TBH I found the Flyhelper App much more useful than the UFYH app. Mainly because you can customise it so you can edit / delete the Fly stuff and write your own UFYH style instructions. It also has a meal planner which I found helpful.

AdoraBell Mon 11-Nov-13 01:28:21

And now DD1 has the virus I/DH have had. Fever, aching joints, I can see I'll Get no fucking unfucking done this week. Never mind, the mess ain't exactly guna Get up and walk out, is it?

FaceDirectionOfTravel Mon 11-Nov-13 10:50:09

Hullo all, previous poster back with a new name. The house is a fucking tip so need to do some unfucking today.

Washing
Tidying
Try to make sure I have all hubbie's birthday presents
Get presents to post overseas for Christmas
Post office
Rest

So much more...

elfycat Mon 11-Nov-13 11:46:04

<settles in>

I've just unsubscribed Flylady having read this thread and looked at the UFYH website. I have therefore unfucked my inbox in a major way.

I picked up some basics from the other side and my house is so much better than before. I had resistance to taking it any further. I have just done point 3 to my laundry. FL got me to do 1&2 well but I didn't really get the hang of putting away and the simple 'goddammit' made something click for me.

AdoraBell Mon 11-Nov-13 13:07:42

OOh, ooh, how did you unsubscribe, is on the web site? I haven't found it.

Fucking emails from that fucking fairy drive me fucking nuts.

elfycat Mon 11-Nov-13 13:56:34

Right down the bottom of an email, at the bottom of all the smallest small print is a 'unsubscribe' bit.

grin I'm feeling the freedom in my inbox already

AdoraBell Mon 11-Nov-13 14:31:45

Cheers elfy, off To unfuck my in box grin

hermioneweasley Sun 17-Nov-13 20:42:42

Where's everyone fucked off to? All the unfucking done?

HiccupHaddockHorrendous Sun 17-Nov-13 22:53:57

I had a very productive unfucking day yesterday!!

The whole ground floor was unfucked. Unfortunately, that did result in upstairs becoming a bit of a dumping ground but seeing as half the lights aren't working, I can't see most of the messgrin!!!

I even cooked tonight's tea yesterday but the kitchen still needs unfucking hmm

DoesZingBumpLookBigInThis Sun 17-Nov-13 23:31:05

I have 7.5 months to properly unfuck the house before #7 arrives.

that is what I call a good incentive! grin

AdoraBell Sun 17-Nov-13 23:58:55

Fab incentive Zinggrin

Have unfucked the frozen raw Chicken DH help fully prepped last night for the dogs. Put it all in sepárate bags and everyfin', but the outsides of the bags were wet. As it's for dogs it won't matter that I partially defrosted, seperated and then slung it back in the freezer. They can unfuck all types of bacteriagrin.

Also unfucked kitchen floor, see above, and washed the towels. Other than that I have unfucked taking it easy Today coz DH is away for 2 weeks which leaves me To sort the 2 DDs and 4 Fucking dogs. As well as the house. On me tod. So table will be unfucked for breakfast before I Go To Bed and clothes will be laid out coz I don't fancy driving To school in me pj's. Right after I've unfucked this glass of vodkagrin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now