Unfuck my habitat

(949 Posts)
GibberTheMonkey Fri 06-Sep-13 15:48:58

Do we have a thread already?
The prissy fly lady lot do wink
Anyone want to join me?

AdoraBell Tue 17-Sep-13 00:33:11

Rant away Trixybelle I'm Lucky enough on the other side of the world to my MIL but I still remember the, erm, standardsshock

LisaMedicus Tue 17-Sep-13 08:47:26

TheYamiOfYawn - The men would just not wear any other colour. I managed to keep bear in grey socks for a couple of years, but now he is insisting on black. Father isn't too bad, at 82 he has a bit more variety. Thank goodness they all currently take different sizes.

Mum2Fergus - linky here

I noticed that the weekly challenge on the tumblr site here is to unfuck a surface per day. I shall take this up with both hands once I stop vomming.

Gib here. Got bored. Actually I've been ill still so watching a load of old classics.
I managed two 20/10 s in the bathroom this morning. It was minging. Still have to do some more to make the place at least decent as mil is coming over. Bedrooms can wait. I still feel rough though

PuddingAndHotMilk Tue 17-Sep-13 13:06:09

I lost the unfucking thread sad
I'm back and after 3 days of slogging it out I've very nearly unfucked my study. I've filled a box with paper for recycling. I've filed all my paperwork. I've cleared out all the magazines I've read and moved the unread ones to where I feed DD in the daytime. I've cleared my desk so I can reach the mac without throwing stuff on the floor and I have a pile of stuff to eBay. Just need to shred all the paperwork I don't need to file and dust/Hoover. It feels fucking amazing to have decluttered and cleaned up in there!!!gringringrin

buildingmycorestrength Tue 17-Sep-13 13:21:06

Pudding you are on unfucking fire!

Slow here due to kids being ill. And me. But a few bits getting sorted.

ZingWantsCake Tue 17-Sep-13 14:08:34

today I had a choice between catching up with a friend who is now 5 days overdue or tidying up.

I think I made the right decision to see her!
especially because there was chocolate to eat! grin

kitchen drawers are getting there and I organized dinner already!

PuddingAndHotMilk Tue 17-Sep-13 14:23:50

Thanks Building smile
Zing, Chocolate with a friend always beats unfucking! (There's a line I never thought I'd write)

If I can sling DD this afternoon I may unfuck the kitchen table - I've not seem its surface for a while as it appears to be DHs dumping ground and I'm bored of asking him to do it. All his stuff will be dumped on the floor of the garage!

PuddingAndHotMilk Tue 17-Sep-13 14:24:20

Sorry, building I meant to say hope you feel better soon thanks

FunnyRunner Tue 17-Sep-13 14:55:17

Marking place. I love swearing and I hate cleaning. This is my spiritual home grin

AdoraBell Tue 17-Sep-13 19:26:18

Defo right decision there Zing, hope your friend is not too uncomfortable.

Not much unfucking today, up late again, late breakfast, fed dogs, retrieved dogs from street after they escaped to harass bin men, headed into town, now heading back home.

Still to unfuck - nick some prickly plant from over the road to put atop the wall where bastard dogs keep jumping over, dog training, dinner, straighten my fucking hair, take food out of freezer for tomorrow and red wine out of wine cooler, I like my red at room temp. Tomorrow is the most important day in the Chilean calendar and I'm BBQing Chilean styleegrin but just the four of us.

AdoraBell Wed 18-Sep-13 03:35:56

Meant to say Well fucking done to Pudding, fantástico progress.

Dog training was fucked, bod didn't turn up. Now we will be unfucking that Tomorrow which fucks up my plans for a perfect day.

OH nicked the foliage, we fed dogs and I haven't had time to unfuck my hair. Just unfucked a few days worth of raw food for dogs, have watched a film with DDs, unfucked kitchen surfaces after the carnage from unfucking said raw feed.

PuddingAndHotMilk Wed 18-Sep-13 04:26:20

Thanks Adora grin
preens

FunnyRunner Wed 18-Sep-13 11:58:54

Well inspired by this thread yesterday I tidied up in the living room and cleaned the kitchen. Got the dishwasher on last night so didn't have to clean all the baby bottles by hand.

If you are on Android still no app for UFYH but there is a Flyhelper one which has been pinched from FlyLady. It is free for 3 weeks and is customisable so you can set it up wigh whatever list you want daily. It has a handy meal planner bit too which I am finding very useful.

FunnyRunner Wed 18-Sep-13 12:01:15

Oh and I put away summer clothes and am going to do a 90° wash for white towels and a 20/10 on my study which is a mortifying shithole at present.

FunnyRunner Wed 18-Sep-13 13:16:36

Okay I changed tack and did the 20/10 in the bedroom, which was really more of a 60/10 but it needed it. Might do the last bots after lunch just so it's finished. I never seem to FINISH any rooms.

TheYamiOfYawn Wed 18-Sep-13 14:07:20

Today I have unfucked my washing machine with some machine machine cleaning stuff. The filth behind the detergent drawer was disgusting.

Also, I have cleared the top of the chest of drawers in the children's room and with the aid of a £3.99 basket from Home Sense, some pine cones and a couple of windfall apples, created a seasonal nature table.

ep1977 Wed 18-Sep-13 17:58:41

Today I have finally unfucked a letter to my bank asking for help as am over my overdraft and am getting charged.

Also.. breakfast for me, dd and cat
And.. cooked tea for all
took dd to nursery and collected and unfucked the park!!
Have unfucked some work for tomorrow
Have unfucked both beds as soon as I got up...go fucking me!!
Have unfucked an application to open a new bank account after been with original since I was 16(am 42 next thurs!) Was fucking accepted
need to unfuck a load of washing but have been unable to get my dd out of her uniform yet!!!
see ya later unfuckers!!

ZingWantsCake Wed 18-Sep-13 18:09:42

funny

I never seem to finish anything either.

today I bought a book for DS1 with vouchers we had for a while, two birds with one stone - not only do I have the book, but I used up the voucher!
(well £3.72 left on it for next time)

I hate that horrible sinking feeling when I find them at the bottom of a drawer and they expired!
score!

also I bought anti- sickness tablets at Boots and the assistant was so impressed with my necklace and rings she wants me to make some for her and asked for my number!
of course nothing might come out of it, but it was nice.

then I had a marathon nap.
I'm planning to finish the kitchen drawers tonight and unpack the Random Basket of Mess.

PuddingAndHotMilk Wed 18-Sep-13 18:16:10

I've unfucked my kitchen and futility room today and have nothing in the washing basket. I luff my Moby wrap and sling-happy daughter smile
Now to unfuck dinner - a cheeky jambalaya...

TheYamiOfYawn Wed 18-Sep-13 20:03:00

Congratulations on the financial unfucking. I find money the scariest thing of all.

buildingmycorestrength Wed 18-Sep-13 20:12:01

We had to unfuck our finances earlier this year...had a weekly money meeting to discuss it and action points and everything. It did help.

Gradually unfucking the loft to make a spare room.

BOF Wed 18-Sep-13 20:15:46

I have always had Good Housekeeping hidden, but I looked it up in a fit of enthusiasm this evening after getting into Unfucking this past two day after somebody mentioned it on Facebook. Unfucking is definitely for me. I want the whole house unfucked for Christmas, and much of it for mid-November as I'm having some MNer guests stay over.

I am terminally lazy (I have had a bout of depression lately, but I suspect laziness is still a major character flaw of mine), but this system is the dog's bollocks for me- I have made some major inroads the last two days, and am feeling fucking marvellous as a result.

I may unfuck the kitchen bin tomorrow with bleach and everything. It has not been unfucked since purchase blush.

So it's a big fucking hello from me grin

<hopes for some kinky fucking discipline from Chubfuddler>

BOF Wed 18-Sep-13 20:31:06

I've just unfucked the downstairs loo while waiting for the kettle to boil smile

God, I'm a smug fucker.

ZingWantsCake Wed 18-Sep-13 20:53:29

yami

yes, money scares me too. I always get rid of it quicklygrin

FunnyRunner Wed 18-Sep-13 20:59:32

DD won't settle. This is annoying. Doesn't she know I unfucked the living room earlier and now I want to sit and enjoy it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now