Talk to me about Soda Crystals

(8 Posts)

I bought a pack today after remembering that they are great for everything.

I have now forgotten most of what they are great for blush

I have used some in the washing machine to get rid of the smell and boost the washing powder and I have cleared the slow draining pipe from the kitchen sink.

I'm loving this, what else are they great for?

PicklePants Thu 22-Aug-13 19:05:26

I've no idea but watching with interest as I have a huge bag of the stuff.

I sent DH to the shops for bicarbonate of soda. The daft bugger came home with soda crystals.

Ha! Not so good for baking or putting in bath with chicken pocky dcs which is what I've used it for!

BrownSauceSandwich Sat 24-Aug-13 15:53:26

Amazing stuff, but do be careful - use gloves, and avoid inhaling the dust or getting it anywhere near your eyes. I mostly use it for keeping the sinks smelling fresh, but it'll eat through anything greasy.

I use it for cleaning the black tannin from tea pots (I'm very old and still like a nice proper cuppa!) Put some soda crystals in, add boiling water, leave for ages then rinse and wash well.

15thnamechange Tue 27-Aug-13 15:15:27

Brilliant stuff. I use it in place of stain remover, enhances the action of washing powder at a fraction of the cost, a scoop of each, plus it helps to keep the wash machine clean.

15thnamechange Tue 27-Aug-13 15:18:36

Although have to say dc's are past the football muddy stage! It's great for cleaning the wash machine on an empty cycle, and pour down sink/ drains etc to help clean any food blockage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now