Argh! Run our of bathroom cleaner and bath dirty!

(15 Posts)
Gales Mon 15-Apr-13 14:27:16

How dirty does your bath need to be to raise a question like that? grin Won't a damp cloth do it in an emergency?

wol1968 Mon 15-Apr-13 14:23:52

If you're really stuck, shower gel/greasy hair shampoo on one of those plastic net body buff things often works surprisingly well. smile Soap is soap, as Flylady says. (conditioner is NOT soap, though it works pretty well as a shaving balm for your legs. grin)

Bio washing powder?

Finnchic Mon 15-Apr-13 09:23:24

Universal Stone is brilliant - doesn't scratch, leaves a lovely shine, no chemicals and it lasts for absolutely ages. You can only get it online though www.universalstoneuk.com

Thank you everyone!

PigletJohn Tue 09-Apr-13 02:05:24

try not to use anything abrasive. Bath deposits are usually oil from the skin or bath cream. They will come of with WUL and a cloth or soft sponge. Round the taps you may have limescale. Vinegar will remove that but get the greasy deposits off first as they will stop it penetrating.

Try not to use anything abrasive on the bath, including cream cleaners, toothpaste or scouring pads, as you will take the shine off the enamel, and then it will hold dirt more.

Only a cast iron bath with vitreous enamel will stand up to a white or green nylon scourer, but it should not be necessary.

noisytoys Mon 08-Apr-13 23:51:50

Washing up liquid and water. It's what I always use

treesntrees Mon 08-Apr-13 21:41:18

toothpaste on a sponge. I buy really cheap toothpaste for this job that I wouldn't dream of using on my teeth but expensive works as well.

Mix a teaspoonful or two of bicarbonate of soda with a small amount of washing up liquid to make a paste. Rub onto bath with cloth then rinse until clear. The bicarb will provide a very gentle abrasive action to get rid of soap scum and stubborn marks while the wul will dissolve any grease!

tabbycat15 Mon 08-Apr-13 10:47:22

Have got any cream cleanser or even floor cleaner diluted.

JennyPiccolo Mon 08-Apr-13 10:07:24

I usually use washing up liquid with a sponge scourer. Does the job fine!

Alwayscheerful Mon 08-Apr-13 09:44:09

White vinegar and bicarbonate of soda or white vinegar & washing up liquid.

Any kind of detergent will be fine, possibly with a bit more elbow-grease than usual! Washing up liquid, whatever you use on your kitchen surfaces, shampoo...

Wandawingsthe2nd Mon 08-Apr-13 09:21:44

Bubble bath or shower gel is good.

What can I use instead? Washing up liquid? Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now