Washing powder marks left on clothes

(6 Posts)
Tertius Sat 16-Mar-13 12:20:44

Thanks everyone. I expect I'm overloading a quick wash as suggested.

V grateful.

Timeforabiscuit Sat 16-Mar-13 11:31:34

After much much testing I found it was overloading a quick wash so pretty easily rectified once I realised !

have you done a 90 degree maintenance wash and cleaned out the drawer, filter and rubber seal?

PolterGoose Sat 16-Mar-13 11:18:37

It is either too much washing, too much powder, inadequate rinsing or using a quick wash. Experiment with half a recommended dose of powder, don't overload your machine, use a standard length wash. Quick washes cannot cope with a full load.

purples Sat 16-Mar-13 11:08:34

Its horrible when that happens.
Could be a couple of things:
My best guess would be that you overloading machine with too much washing at once, so it cannot be rinsed out enough. The washing has to tumble around to clean properly. (done this before, when I tried to cram in too much stuff!)
But could also be that when you add powder to drawer, does some spill into the bit that you add conditioner? As conditioner is normally run through the wash towards the end of cycle and if powder was added then, it would have less time to be rinsed out.
Also, the rubber seal to the washing machine can have a build up of residue, try giving the seal a clean.
Hope that's of some help.

Tertius Sat 16-Mar-13 09:11:37

What am I doing wrong???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now