Do you hang the washing out on a cold day?

(35 Posts)
hiddenhome Tue 05-Feb-13 10:44:20

It's sunny, it's windy, what more could a girl want? grin

It's not gonna dry is it?

<shivers with cold>

nipersvest Tue 05-Feb-13 13:51:57

mine is out all the time except when it's raining. no tumble drier here so my garden and wind are my best friends grin

gnushoes Tue 05-Feb-13 14:10:03

Mine is out too. Got two loads pretty dry yesterday.

AmandaPayne Tue 05-Feb-13 14:15:26

Yes, yes. I am obsessive about line drying and get stuff out whenever possible. I had a sheet dry in 45 minutes in the high wind last week - it was held on by about 8 pegs, but it doesn't dry that quickly in hot sun even.

As others have said, things don't always get cupboard dry, but it's a lot of water not evaporating into your house. We only have a small washer/dryer, so you can't really tumble sheets and things as they come out too screwed up. I sometimes give towels or kids clothes half an hour to finish them off.

derektheladyhamster Tue 05-Feb-13 14:18:40

I've managed to wash and dry all the bed linen and a single duvet on the line. (although I did have to rescue the duvet when it blew off the line)

fab drying day here, windy, dry and sunny

sazpops Tue 05-Feb-13 14:45:31

Yes, put it out. If nothing else it will smell lovely! I'm lucky to have a huge airing cupboard that I can fit a large airer in so I can hang mine in there and it dries in no time. The only thing I don't hang outside are undies - it takes so long pegging and unpegging socks and pants, can't be a***d

bran Tue 05-Feb-13 15:02:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nipersvest Tue 05-Feb-13 15:05:26

just use extra pags bran, my towels have just been on the line with 5 pegs to each towel, they're more or less dry after 2 hours.

hiddenhome Tue 05-Feb-13 15:28:07

I'm pleased that others get theirs out all year round too smile

The sun has returned and I've stuck another load out now. The first load is now dry after being in front of the fire for a couple of hours.

I hate the house being full of laundry. I have a laundry obsession and do between one and three loads a day blush

DoctorWhoFan Thu 07-Feb-13 20:11:54

I do, even if they don't dry, the worst of the excess water comes off, and they've been freshened up. Then I stick them on an airer in the spare room. I try not to use the tumble dryer cos it's just too expensive.

My MIL has put hers out in the dead of winter too, and only taken them in if it's rained or snowed LOL!

twinklesparkles Fri 08-Feb-13 11:33:44

Just about to put some out smile first load of line washing for the year smile

Nice and sunny, tiny bit of wind, not freezing.

smile hoping it'll be ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now