Best Hoover

(11 Posts)
BNmum Sun 03-Feb-13 16:10:54

I have a sebo and LOVE it. It's great! It think it's the X1.1 or similiar, i got it after my mum got one and couldn't stop talking about it. We've both had our for years now and never had any problems.

craftycottontail Sun 03-Feb-13 00:33:43

I've got a Dyson multi floor which is great as half our house is wood floor and half carpet. Very easy to run over the whole lot including the tiled kitchen floor. And it's dinky so doesn't take up much storage space.

But having used my neighbour's Meile once I have to agree - they are miles better at suction and fluffing up the carpet!

BoffinMum Sat 02-Feb-13 22:53:34

Miele do a turbo head for its cylinder cleaner, that practically replaces an upright.

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 02-Feb-13 22:44:01

Here's a Sebo upright that I'd love. Look at all the fantastic reviews:

www.amazon.co.uk/Sebo-X4EXTRA-Automatic-Upright-Cleaner/dp/B0002V7U3M

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 02-Feb-13 22:43:09

For carpet, an upright is best because of the beater bar.

I use a Henry because I can't be arsed to carry two hoovers everywhere I go, and it's a good all-rounder. But if you've got carpet and pet hairs, then you want a good upright.

Sebo make some excellent uprights that I only wish I could afford. They're very good and very sturdy, as they're meant for heavy professional use.

BoffinMum Sat 02-Feb-13 22:31:20

Miele!

FlatCapAndAWhippet Sat 02-Feb-13 21:50:55

Miele.

The upright is too heavy IMO, the Cat and Dog cylinder is excellent, well worth the price tag.

firsttimekat Sat 02-Feb-13 20:18:11

We bought a vax pet hair one recently. We have 2 black cats (who get hair everywhere!) and a mix of carpets and hard wood floors. I've been really pleased with it, powerful suction that you can adjust for tougher bits. Bought from Argos and was reasonably priced about £60 (I think).

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Sat 02-Feb-13 12:32:44

Another vote for Miele. We replaced our Dyson with one - miles better. They are expensive though, we were lucky to get one from John Lewis when it was on 'special purchase'.

PigletJohn Sat 02-Feb-13 12:10:17

Miele.

their uprights are very good, but rather heavy and not cheap. IMO an upright is better for flat carpets, especially downstairs, as it beats the grit, fleas and moth eggs out. A turbo head isn't as powerful.

their cylinders are great

Miele swamp the Which Best Buys lists for vacs

Bedtime1 Sat 02-Feb-13 10:46:40

I have a Henry at the moment but the suction is not very good for picking up hairs on carpets. Also the tools don't work that well.

Anyone got that new dyson slim? What's it like? Can you mums reccomend me the best Hoover.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now