Making a New start, Stepping into the New year

(811 Posts)
BlackCatinChristmasChaos Fri 28-Dec-12 04:28:55

Hi all, After a pretty rough ride last year (2012) I think I feel ready to start again with babysteps
So who's with me for the journey?

Old and new steppers are welcome!

Lets do this one small step at a time!

bessie26 Thu 07-Feb-13 23:43:14

Ooooooooh! How exciting for SB scout! grin In the early days I pumped DD1 full of lots of drinks, so we had plenty of opportunity to get stickers practice!

DD2 has recently started asking to "go wee" now - really what she means is that she wants an excuse to play in the sink wash her hands, but I figure it's all good practice for her!

When do you go on hols adora?

I have drunk half a bottle of wine, spoken to mum on the phone for an hour, researched some potential birthday presents for DD2, blogged, tweeted & put stuff on my nails.

How's it it going scout ? I hope SB is getting the idea.

I have to do some work this evening. I don't want to sad

bessie26 Fri 08-Feb-13 22:08:08

did you do your work arti? <stern look>

and how did SB get on scout?

I've been meal planning & online shopping <yawn>

Realised this arvo that DD2 had another ear infection, so had to get a last minute appointment at the drs for some ABs. Last time we went a lady stopped me on the way out & complemented me on how well behaved the girls were [proud] - that would not have happened today! After 45mins they were (understandably) bored to hell & started running amok so I had to break out the emergency snacks to get them to behave!

Bessie - I've done some of it!

AdoraBell Sat 09-Feb-13 21:37:04

Quick update

Ta Da's

Up and dressed at 2am to catch our flight
Roused DDs
Coffee
Airport
Checked in
Coffee/breakfast
Boarded plane
Coffee/snack
Picked up by tour guide on arrival -no coffeeshock
Went straight to penguin colony - en route spotted, pink flamingoes, a hare, ostriches, cows, sheep, horses and a llama crossed with summat to give a better wool yield, geese, hawks two a penny here and 2 condors. One adolescent without his white collar and one fully fledged collar sporting adult. Also lot's of penguins waddling about the place between the nests and the Pacific, bringing food back for hungry chicks. Then on to lunch and coffee. All meeting up for dinner at bit later then an other early start tomorrow for a national park.

I need a coffee!

Scout19075 Mon 11-Feb-13 11:56:49

Toilet training halted mid-Friday due to SmallBoy's distress. I'll try again in March. I can't see the point in stressing either of us out over it. I'm sure he'll get the hang of it before he gets married and makes me a grandma. grin

Long to do list but some of things have to wait until this evening I accidentally left a bag of stuff I need in the car that MrScout has taken to work. Groceries will also be bought and put away tonight.

bessie26 Mon 11-Feb-13 12:41:45

Have a great holiday adora!

Good call stopping the toilet training scout. The last thing you want to do is make it into something stressful.

This morning we have played out in the snow, eaten popcorn, made valentines day cards for DH, and had an early lunch. WM & TD are on. S&S upstairs. Washed up.

Not sure what to do this arvo yet...

Morning all.

Well I am finally up, showered and dressed. I'm not working this week and so technically should have lots of time to do stuff round the house. Yesterday I just chilled! grin
Today I have managed to put a load of washing on. Now I want to go back to bed!
Time for another cup of tea and a bit of "girding my loins" I think!

Morning! <thinks - "where is everybody?" shock >

so far this morning - I have got up very late ( I am on holiday!) taken out rubbish and recycling (across the courtyard, in the snow! <wimp smilie>) Then I've put a load of washing onto airers to dry and got another lot of washing in the machine. I'm starting to feel hungry so may have to go and make lunch next!

Yesterday I decluttered just one shelf in one of my many overflowing cupboards (see photos for pics!) and started on a craft project.

This afternoon I think I may have a nap do some more craft and decluttering.

Hope everyone is OK!

bessie26 Wed 13-Feb-13 23:32:52

hi arti - I have been at work. I have tomorrow off (child-free), but already have an overwhelming to do list - will need to focus & prioritise in the morning!

Morning everyone.

I have a day of appointments outside the house today so not sure how much domestic bliss is going to be created here today - however I have got the sheets off the bed and into the washer already this morning and will try and drop off a bag of decluttered stuff to the charity shop this afternoon.

bessie26 Thu 14-Feb-13 14:45:37

I've eaten poached eggs for breakfast, taken stuff to 2nd hand shop, bought DD2 new jeans, bought an assortment of things for us to take on holiday, eaten an avocado & facon sandwich for lunch, biked to my GPs & sorted their phone out for them, biked back. Just having a drink & a breather before going up into the loft to get the cases down & start packing!!

Scout19075 Fri 15-Feb-13 11:00:48

We've been more out than in the last two days. Today we're going to go swimming, SB & I, to play, not for class. I've realized how much I miss going swimming with him since I don't go in for "class" any more so have made it part of my plan to go with him during a casual swim at least once every two weeks. At our pool children get one free swim session a week if they take class/lessons there so while it's only £0.80 for SB now it's still a free £0.80 session.

I'm going to take his stroller today so that after swimming we can go do some errands in town (there's no way he could walk to the pool, swim for up to an hour, walk around town and the grocery store and walk back).

I have a stupidly long to do list today but am not going to stress myself out over it.

Morning everyone.
didn't get that much done yesterday -except library and Aldi shop.
Despite being on holiday all this week, I felt ridiculously tired yesterday so I had a massive lie in this morning. I partly feel glad I've done it and partly feel frustrated at "wasting the time". I'm going for a massage this afternoon grin.

I've decided I'm spending far too much time on MN at the moment so through Lent at least I am restricting myself to this thread, the minimalist quiche one and the Paul McKenna slimming one as these are the ones that are actually helpful/supportive. Otherwise I just lurk on various different ones and end up spending waaay to much time doing it!

Scout - I hope you have a good time swimming
Bessie are you going on holiday?

AdoraBell Sun 17-Feb-13 01:59:39

Hello <waves>

Hope you enjoyed the swimming and got your errands done [Scout]

[Arti] hope you're feeling better now.

Ta Da's

Had a great holiday and returned late last night
Up and dressed
Coffee
WM on - first of the holiday washing
Put shopping away, OH went shopping while I had a lie in
Breakfast with another coffee
Roused DDs
DD's breakfast
Hung washing out and refilled WM
Made lunch
Filled and switched on DW
Took DDs to cinema
Back home
Brought all the washing in (4 loads plus hand washing) while OH rustled up some sandwiches
Emptied DW and cleared away
Made tea and collapsed in front of TV

Hi Adora. I am glad that you had a good holiday. I've been on holiday this week too although I didn't go away from home. I'm not looking forwad to getting back into work mode tomorrow!

Morning all!

I've managed to swish and swipe the bathroom a bit
Tidy and air the bedroom and make the bed
Fill dishwasher and set it off
Take out rubbish and recycling
Do an hour's work

Not too bad so far!

bessie26 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:24:03

Hello! I am back from sunny Wales. Glad to hear you had a good hol adora & that the rest of you have been keeping on track!

AdoraBell Tue 19-Feb-13 00:28:57

Hi Bessie did you have a nice break? I haven't been to Wales since I was a young kid.

Had a full day out getting the windscreen done, they needed the car all day, so

Up and dressed early ish
Coffee
Roused DDs again, OH had already tried to no avail
Breakfast all round except me - not hungry
Dropped OH's car off, had to take two cars
Coffee with brekkies/elevensies
Shopping, school text books, garden bits to replace what dogs destroyed, tried to get school trainers for DD1, different book shop across town for another text book, back across town for different sport wear shops -finally got trainers, phew
Lunch
DDs did go karts while OH bought weights, and me some Pilates thingsgrin
Back to collect car
Back home
Collapsed with a cuppa
S&S'd my bathroom
OH and DDs cooled off in the pool
Spent ten mins watching quails feeding in the garden (dogs are still with the vet)
Dinner, sandwiches

Currently catching up on here and e-mails

Tomorrow I need to catch up on cleaning

Morning all

So far I'm up, showered, dressed and breakfasted and I've put a load of washing on. I'm aiming to do about an hour of work and then do a little bit of tidying, making beds etc.
Bessie - was Wales really sunny?

Isn't it lovely when you can get some washing out on the line for a change! I do hope though we don't get the same weather pattern as last year - warm dry spring then wet cool summer. Some of the spring flowers thought that the summer was another winter and flowered again in the autumn!

bessie26 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:44:23

yep - Wales really was sunny! I was almost disapointed that we didn't get to use any of the wet weather gear we had taken with us!

Despite me taking the day off work today, I have spent most of it filling in a stupidly long form for work <grrr> but have done LOADS of laundry - am popping out into the sunshine now to cut back my raspberry canes & to hang the duvets on the line to get some fresh air.

AdoraBell Tue 19-Feb-13 19:50:01

I have a stinking cold, on top of my hayfever.

I've vacuumed downstairs
Cleaned my bathroom
Ironed 90% of the DD's clothes, OH did a little too
Washed DD1's sheets
Lunch has been eaten and dinner is halfway ready, chicken was cooked last night.

Now I'm struggling, so I've given up.

AdoraBell Tue 19-Feb-13 19:52:51

Forgot, Bessie I know what you mean about the wet weather gear, I took a brand new very warm hat on holiday and only used it when we got up close to a glacier. Other than that it wasn't really cold.

Photos of my latest craft project ( revamping a mirror I got on freegle ) are now on my profile if anyone is interested!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now