Not going back.

(9 Posts)
scottishmummy Wed 02-Jan-13 19:31:05

formal letter, and informal card with thanks and some chocs for office
maintain some level email card contact to remain on good terms
ask for a reference letter

Pickles77 Sun 30-Dec-12 18:53:38

Well it's two and a half hours away riding very well bred horses. will out myself if i go on.so both of those suggestions are out of the question.
The normal working hours will be impossible and I have no support network at all where I was

Or working longer days so you go in less?

Have you considered asking for flexible working? For example, working from home some of your hours?

financialwizard Sun 30-Dec-12 18:33:11

I am not 100% sure on that, but I expect someone will be along in a while to tell you.

Good luck x

Pickles77 Sun 30-Dec-12 17:15:56

What happens to my maternity pay and working tax credits? I hope to roll straight onto another job/college

Pickles77 Sun 30-Dec-12 17:15:01

Oh thank you! Perfect that is!

financialwizard Sun 30-Dec-12 17:03:31

It is with deep regret that I have to tender my resignation.
It has not been an easy decision for me to make as I thoroughly enjoy working for you, and the company. However, due to my new familial commitments I have had to reassess my position.

Sincerely,

Pickles77 Sun 30-Dec-12 08:25:21

Hi my maternity leave ends mid April. I would love to go back to my job but its 2.5 hours away and it's never going to be practical.
How do I write my letter? I'm really gutted I can't go back. It was a wonderful job, with a wonderful boss who has been brilliant with supporting me.during my pregnancy and I feel really sad.
How can I do it?
Also do I do a formal letter and then send a card?
I'd like to go and hand it in in person and explain but it's too far for DD in the car in a day.
I'm aware it's early to send but I'm trying to get sorted out and prepared.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now