Additional paternity leave/sharing maternity leave with DH

(27 Posts)
genine83 Thu 27-Sep-12 15:06:41

Anyone actually shared their paternity leave with their other half?

I will be returning to work in about 4 weeks time when DD will be 26 weeks and my husband will be taking 3 months additional paternity leave to care for her. I am actually looking forward to going back to work but not sure i'll actually be able to let go and let my hubby actually take control!

Would love to hear from anyone who has actually done this!

RiaHackwell Mon 26-Nov-12 17:40:18

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry if this appears to be eavesdropping, as that is not how it is intended to be. I am a final year university student who is currently researching changes in social trends over the next 5years and I'm choosing to focus on the changes in dividing maternity/ paternity care and also employees now being encouraged to request flexible working hours to better suit their work/ life balance.

I'm really just looking to find out what your opinions are of these changes and whether you will be embracing these new entitlements in the future (possibly with future DD or DS?)

Any feedback would be very much appreciated, just to gage people's opinions towards father's taking a more prominent role in childcare and how this will help mothers to be able to balance a family and a career more successfully.

Thank you.

kim83 Mon 20-May-13 14:26:38

Hi everyone - Sorry to post long after this thread as stopped - but it's lovely to see so many people who've taken this leave and had a positive experience! smile Sometimes it seems like not many people know about it!

Anyway, I'm jumping in here as I'm doing some research on men's experiences of additional paternity leave. I'm looking to do a small number of interviews (about 10) with men who have taken to are taking this leave. (I'm a graduate student at LSE). If you (or your partner) is interested please be in touch! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now