Sporty 2 y.o.

(3 Posts)
boredofwork Thu 20-Jun-13 07:35:27

My 3 year old DS has always shown sporting talent too from a very young age. The best advice I was given about challenge, was just to have fun and allow him to challenge himself. He loves to see what he can do and I just follow, providing support if needed.

He started swimming lessons at nearly 3, they put him in a group where I had to go in with him because of his age but then realised he would be better in the older group by himself. If you have a good swimming teacher they will adapt to meet your DD needs.

basildonbond Thu 20-Jun-13 07:28:29

Take her to the pool, let her splash around and have fun, get her some good small group lessons in a year or two and apart from that do absolutely nothing - she's TWO!!!

Two of mine swim competitively, one at a very high level, and at that age swimming was just one of a number of fun things they did - and you certainly wouldn't have picked out ds at 2 as being particularly talented ...

mummyru Wed 19-Jun-13 20:55:34

My almost 29 month old DD is quite good at sport (swimming). I want to support her ability but at the same I do not want to put her off so in the future she will be fed up with it. How to go about it? I am not a professional so I do not know how to challenge a child with sport abilities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now