I'm really happy with DS3's teacher :D

(9 Posts)
Fuzzymum1 Mon 03-Jun-13 17:27:06

Good idea about the awards - I did nominate her for a local radio award but I like the idea of national too :D

Iluvportobay Thu 30-May-13 19:09:02

If you google 'nominate a teacher for an award' you will find Pearson and ITV make teacher of the year awards. Might be worth doing!

Worriedandlost Thu 30-May-13 09:59:21

My dd' teacher is also very good (reception), before school started I explained that dd is quite ahead of reception year and she actually listened to me and made sure that dd is given appropriate workload smile))

DS1 had a fantastic teacher last year, he completely came alive in her class and all his levels went up dramatically. I wanted to kidnap her and keep her forever! Unfortunately, he's back to a 'normal' teacher now who is OK and he does 'OK' in her class but he just seems to be marking time rather than really enjoying learning iykwim sad

sigh

Fuzzymum1 Sat 25-May-13 20:57:05

It's so good to have this board to share this stuff - I always feel like I have to down-play his abilities to my real-life friends.

lljkk Sat 25-May-13 20:37:46

Cool. smile

That's lovely to hear. Good for the teacher and your son. Differentiating across two year groups looks like a challenge to me and it sounds like she is well up to that for next year too.

chocoluvva Sat 25-May-13 20:36:33

Aww - It's lovely when your DC gets a particularly good teacher. Their teacher makes such a huge difference.

Fuzzymum1 Sat 25-May-13 20:31:56

People are so quick to complain about their child's teacher not stretching them etc that I wanted to say that I think my Y1 DS has an amazing teacher and I'm so happy that he will have her again next year (small school, 2 years per class except reception). I had a chat with her the other day about DS and she was singing his praises about how he rises to all her challenges and is loving the work and the challenge. I don't want this to be a stealth boast so I'm going to come out and say it - I am so proud of everything he has achieved this year - he's working at level 3 in maths and reading and not far off for writing. His teacher is coming to the end of her 2nd year since qualifying and she is just amazing. She is teaching a class with ability ranging from below level 1 to level 3 and beyond and gets the best out of everyone :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now